Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mirror puddle light retrofit, can I use the lights from a Golf mk6?

Mirror puddle light retrofit, can I use the lights from a Golf mk6?

Hello!

I'd like to do the mirror puddle light retrofit on my2010 Tiguan, can I use the lights available for the Golf mk6? I saw this on eBay http://bit.ly/1atqmPx will they works? Do you know other place where I can buy the right light for a Tiguan?

Anyone on the forum has already done it?

Cheers.

Hi there I have just carried out this modification on my car using these links below. You'll find everything you need to know. One word of warning though, due to the guy's online photo account the pictures have been temporarily frozen due to him exceeding a bandwidth threshold. Apparently they will be back up once his bandwidth has been reinstated. I printed off the guides before I did my mod.

Wing Mirror Removal - Locked Topics - myTiguan Forum

Wing Mirror LED Puddle Lights - Locked Topics - myTiguan Forum

Lots of similar LED units on ebay for the Mk6 Golf, this is one example........

VOLKSWAGEN GOLF MK6 CABRIOLET TOURAN UNDER MIRROR LED PUDDLE LIGHT LAMP WHITE | eBay
    2011 Candy White Tiguan R Line 170 TDI DSG | Pan roof | Park assist & RVC | RNS 510 | MDI | LED's | 20" RS5 Wheels| Bi-xenons & AFS | Front & Rear footwell lights | Door warning & puddle lights | Mirror puddle lights | LED Tail lamps | Eibach Pro-Kit Springs

Mirror puddle light retrofit, can I use the lights from a Golf mk6?

Thanks for the answer!

How much time have you spent doing the retrofit?

I have saw the same topic you linked with the missing photo, any chance that you have a copy to make a zip?

So any Golf mk6 light will fit the Tiguan, right? Yours come from ebay?

Last, can you post a picture with the result of your work?

Cheers.

Hi the results can be seen in the photographs which unfortunately can't be seen at the moment. Any Mk6 LED from ebay works fine if the same shame as the one in the above links, but you do need to modify it slightly and the mirror housing.

I spent around a day doing mine but that also includes letting the glue set for the LED modules.

I can email a copy I made of the guide if you PM me your email address.
    2011 Candy White Tiguan R Line 170 TDI DSG | Pan roof | Park assist & RVC | RNS 510 | MDI | LED's | 20" RS5 Wheels| Bi-xenons & AFS | Front & Rear footwell lights | Door warning & puddle lights | Mirror puddle lights | LED Tail lamps | Eibach Pro-Kit Springs

Users Country Flag
    Just to add some info here, as above the mk6 Golf mirror puddle lights don't fit 100% and require dremel tool and glue to make it work ...

OR: go on eBay.de (Germany) and search "Tiguan Spiegel" you can find the official tiguan shape mirrors with the "Umfeldlicht" (as they call it) mirror puddle light already included - it comes part of the bottom piece of plastic which also includes the yellow LED indicator. Prices from low as $40-$80 for the set with shipping if you look around Often you can even get a whole electric folding mirror retrofit kit including new control modules for AU$300-500 all up. (Just use your existing top part of the mirror so you don't have to paint-match anything)

NOTE: I read somewhere that RHD and LHD mirrors have a different shape between drivers side and passenger side, so if you are replacing the whole mirror, make sure you get the right one.
    Last edited by YellowLemon; 04-07-2014 at 12:44 PM. Reason: added approximate prices
    - 2011 Multivan T5.2 - 2,0L 135kW BiTDI. Mod info here
    - 2008 Tiguan 5N 103TDI 4MOTION. Mods: RNS510 | Colour MFD | MFSW | LED tail lights | Mirror LED | Footwell LED

Quote Originally Posted by Toki View Post
    Hello!

I'd like to do the mirror puddle light retrofit on my2010 Tiguan, can I use the lights available for the Golf mk6? I saw this on eBay http://bit.ly/1atqmPx will they works? Do you know other place where I can buy the right light for a Tiguan?

Anyone on the forum has already done it?

Cheers.
    I purchased these: Volkswagen tiguan rearview mirror side mirror steering lamp welcome light lights-inLights & Indicators from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

Perfect fit, just change the globe to led. Done

Users Country Flag
    Great find. That's the ones!
    - 2008 Tiguan 5N 103TDI 4MOTION. Mods: RNS510 | Colour MFD | MFSW | LED tail lights | Mirror LED | Footwell LED

Users Country Flag
    I am the one that bought a set of LHD electric folding mirrors from Germany. The LHD mirrors have a different mounting angle set and as such will not adjust enough in to allow you to see the LHS of your car when reversing etc. I ended up buying a RHD unit from South Africa when I was on holiday there. The LHD unit for the driver's side is still useable providing you sit back far enough.

All the kits I have seen so far on ebay Germany are sold with the older door modules which are only suitable for the pre facelifted Tiguans. However if you have a 2012+ Tiguan and only want puddle lights, the fitted basic UDS controller with 7 pins includes the +ve pin to support puddle light. You will however need to run a wire from the module to the mirror unit and re code the door modules using VCDS.

BTW the seller on the link above is out of stock but he did leave us a part number 5n0949101c/2c to allow us to search other sites

Original Blinker Aussenspiegel Spiegelblinker Speigelkappe LED VW Tiguan Rechts | eBay
    Last edited by Bambazonke; 06-07-2014 at 12:30 PM.
    MY 21 T Cross 85TSI Life| Makena Turquoise | Driver Assist Package |
    Mods: VCDS tweaks |

Quote Originally Posted by YellowLemon View Post
    Great find. That's the ones!
    Very easy to install and looks neat as you don't have to use dremel to cut it out. Cheap!

Users Country Flag

What LED did you put in? Is it bright? I had dremelled in the R-dash units at one point... this was the whole mk6 golf style assembly not just a bulb.. they were awesome, had a PCB circuit board with about 20 LED chips soldered onto it, the brightness was amazing. People could never figure out where all the light was coming from when I unlocked my car at night

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast