Support VWWC

Thread: Will this work with my Amarok?

Users Country Flag

Will this work with my Amarok?

I'm getting a bit confused as to what stereo is going to work with my 2014 Amarok and phoning up the shops hasn't helped.

This place seemed pretty good, but they've sold out.
    VW 6.5" Original MIB RCD330 Plus CarPlay Stereo 6RD 035 187 B – Euro Upgrades

This guy on Gumtree is selling them, but I'm not sure if it's the same unit as above and if it's going to work. When i spoke to him, he seemed unsure the reverse camera would work because it's OEM and was talking about needing an adapter or something..

Apple Carplay OEM Volkswagen VW Composition Media AMAROK GOLF RCD | Audio, GPS & Car Alarms | Gumtree Australia Stirling Area - Tuart Hill | 1233787927

Is there a shop/website where guys are buying these units from? If so can I get a link please.

Thanks

Users Country Flag
    The RCD330 is a genuine VW stereo with Carplay and a very popular upgrade for Golf's and Tiguan's etc. The link below says its compatible with the Amarok but im sure an Amarok owner on here will chime in to confirm or deny this.

I believe they have now stopped making the RCD330 so they are starting to get harder to find.

Volkswagen RCD330 Mirror Link Carplay Bluetooth Radio for Amarok - AA Auto Parts

OEM Car Radios - VW Amarok entertainment upgrade

RCD330... | Facebook
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 29-04-2020 at 04:22 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Ok thanks mate

Users Country Flag

It will work fine on a 2014 Amarok.

How well it integrates with the camera (and BT) depends on what you have currently. If you have BT already, that will need to be removed as the RCD330 has BT built in.

OEM camera will work fine, though you may need an adaptor for the plug. Easy enough to find online.

$479 is high for a 330, cheaper online (ebay) and FB marketplace.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...