Thread: Experiences in Fitting a Rear Seat to Transporter

Experiences in Fitting a Rear Seat to Transporter

Hi all,

Looking to fit a rear seat to my transporter LWB 4mo.

Realize the need to specify seats for the transporter/kombi for engineering and blue slip requirements.

Has anyone had experience in this - if so, where did you buy the seats from, and did you do it yourself?

Cheers,

Whilst it is a job you can do yourself there are some very strict guidelines that need to be followed , I used to hold a Qld Transport office Approval Certificate for lots of different modifications ie seat installation seat belts child restraints back 22 years ago . Along with seat installs my business was one of the first to build a side folding seat with seatbelts attached in maxi Taxis , we had our own test facility and trust me we destroyed a lot of seats during our testing to ensure they met the criteria . Ok this place in Qld do lots of different seats as we used to buy some of their products ourselves {saved a lot of testing time as they had already done it on their seats } Van Seats For Sale - Rear Seats & Mini Van Seating Conversions |
    Techsafe Automotive & Transport Seating Solutions
    This one is in NSW Van & Wagon Seats and another Van Seating . You need to engage a local engineer or someone who does the approvals for RTA for the legal approval . It would take too long to explain all the details and standards may have changed since I got out of that industry .

Users Country Flag
    Hey Mtwen,
    How did you go with this? I'm looking at doing the same thing and I went to a Techsafe installer from the first link in Sunny's post. I was quoted $2,500 for a single seat installation and engineers certificate. That would have been including the cost of the seat.
    When we bought our van a couple of weeks ago we were given a rear seat the previous owner was going to get installed. After looking at the seat I discovered it is a Techsafe seat.

Hey Gaz,

I ended up getting a double seater from Techsafe. Searched for 2nd hand ones for ages and didnt have any luck and compliance seemed a bit of an issue. Found an installer who also reassured me that to get the blue it has to be engineered for that specific model. Got it fitted for double seat 2350$ engineered certificate and blue slipped