Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Factory vs dealer fitted towbar

Current Australian spec tow bar/hitch for the Allspace is "Ballmount" 5NA 092 136D. Nose weight 200kg available from 26 Jul 2021.
    There was a lower limited nose weight one 5NA 092 136C (100kg) which may be around.

The current installation kit (electrical) 13 pin RHD is 5NA 055 202H from 17 Jul 2022. Should be included with the tow bar/hitch.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc R, Audi Q5
    Past VWs- T-Roc R-Line, Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipper Dog View Post
    Current Australian spec tow bar/hitch for the Allspace is "Ballmount" 5NA 092 136D. Nose weight 200kg available from 26 Jul 2021.
    There was a lower limited nose weight one 5NA 092 136C (100kg) which may be around.

The current installation kit (electrical) 13 pin RHD is 5NA 055 202H from 17 Jul 2022. Should be included with the tow bar/hitch.
    Thanks for your response mate. It helps!

I thought the weight rating was vehicle specific.. Anyway, I have attached the label on the box which doesn't have any revision letter at the end of the part number. Would you have any ideas on this?

Would it be best to pass or should it be fine to buy, of course in addition to the wiring harness

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
    MY11 B7 Passat 125TDi Highline
    Pearl Mocca Anthracite | Electric and Heated Leather | Folding Mirrors | Sunroof | Adaptive Lighting Package | Footwell Lighting | Park Assist 2 | Lane Assist | RNS510 | R36 Pedals | Scirocco MFSW | Front Lip | 20" Suzuka Wheels | H&R Springs | De-Badged | VCDS Mods | Alpine Mono and 8" Subwoofer

Users Country Flag
    Mine didn't need the module as it was already there, see pics, once you connected the wiring loom the circuit was completed by connecting the wiring block under the dash - see the pic of my electrical kit [elektroeinbausatz] - yours may be different as there were many variants!!

Factory vs dealer fitted towbar-img_2727-jpgFactory vs dealer fitted towbar-img_1767-jpgFactory vs dealer fitted towbar-img_1765-jpgFactory vs dealer fitted towbar-img_1766-jpgFactory vs dealer fitted towbar-img_1767-jpg

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dmn View Post
    Mine didn't need the module as it was already there, see pics, once you connected the wiring loom the circuit was completed by connecting the wiring block under the dash - see the pic of my electrical kit [elektroeinbausatz] - yours may be different as there were many variants!!

Factory vs dealer fitted towbar-img_2727-jpgFactory vs dealer fitted towbar-img_1767-jpgFactory vs dealer fitted towbar-img_1765-jpgFactory vs dealer fitted towbar-img_1766-jpgFactory vs dealer fitted towbar-img_1767-jpg
    Appreciate the photos mate. I'll have a look once I make a decision on whether or not to buy this second hand bar..

Given the research I did to date, most sources suggest I will need an additional wiring kit 5NA 055 202H

I'll have to open the panels to see what's hidden within. Would you mind sharing each page of the installation book you have?

Pearl Mocca Anthracite | Electric and Heated Leather | Folding Mirrors | Sunroof | Adaptive Lighting Package | Footwell Lighting | Park Assist 2 | Lane Assist | RNS510 | R36 Pedals | Scirocco MFSW | Front Lip | 20" Suzuka Wheels | H&R Springs | De-Badged | VCDS Mods | Alpine Mono and 8" Subwoofer

Quote Originally Posted by passat123 View Post
    I thought the weight rating was vehicle specific.. Anyway, I have attached the label on the box which doesn't have any revision letter at the end of the part number. Would you have any ideas on this?
    5NA 092 136 has just been discontinued. All I have on it is that it was rated to tow 2500kg, no ball weight info.
    For a 2nd hand part it looks like it's in good condition and should be a big saving to buying new.

For the installation kit, if ending in "C" or "E" it was suitable for RHD Australian models.
    Last edited by Flipper Dog; 18-06-2023 at 08:47 PM.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc R, Audi Q5
    Past VWs- T-Roc R-Line, Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Users Country Flag
    5NA 092 136 has just been discontinued. All I have on it is that it was rated to tow 2500kg, no ball weight info.
    For a 2nd hand part it looks like it's in good condition and should be a big saving to buying new.
    Cheers mate.

Any chance you could help with the wiring kit? Sourcing or pointing me in the right direction? Is going to VW my only option?

Quote Originally Posted by passat123 View Post
    Any chance you could help with the wiring kit? Sourcing or pointing me in the right direction? Is going to VW my only option?
    Sorry, I only have access to ETKA to help out with current parts.
    I personally would shop around a few VW dealers to see what part they have in stock noting "C", "E" and "H" are all suitable.
    I have found some country dealers doing genuine parts cheaper than the city ones.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc R, Audi Q5

Users Country Flag
    Sorry, I only have access to ETKA to help out with current parts.
    I personally would shop around a few VW dealers to see what part they have in stock noting "C", "E" and "H" are all suitable.
    I have found some country dealers doing genuine parts cheaper than the city ones.
    Thanks mate. Will make calls tomorrow

Users Country Flag

Finally got the genuine tow bar and harness. Just need to get it fitted and coded.

Any suggestions in Sydney/Hills Disctrict?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123