Thread: Golf R purchase question

Users Country Flag

Golf R purchase question

I am looking to purchase a new Golf R for my wife - I had an extended test drive and previously owned a MK6 GTI (MY11) so reasonably across what to expect. I see VW released the Golf R Final Edition a couple of days ago - while the R colour range seems incredibly limited, I don’t really care for the Custom Concept vivid colours but question if the Carbon Nappa leather upholstery upgrade is a worthwhile reason to go for the Final Edition - interested to hear from others who may have the Nappa leather interior. My other question if to ask if the 19” Pretoria wheels are available in other colours apart from black? Thanks

The final edition :S you might as well aim for a Special edition (previous edition), if any left. The final edition is basically a special edition, MINUS the akrapovic exhaust. - seems like a downgrade edition in comparison to the special edition if u ask me.... Not unless you really like the colour purple, green, blue then I can’t help you there.

But to answer your question. The 19 Pretorias I assume will only come in black.

Nappa leather interior- No issues

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for your reply R snow - I am circling on a Pure White standard R with sunroof & Dynaudio - will finalise an order this week.

I’m sure you will be happy with it.
    I don’t think the price for a special and final edition justifies its price.

If I could turn back time, Id probably go with a standard 7.5R. All the best with the purchase 👍