Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MK4 Bora 4Motion Tail shaft / Prop Shaft parts

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

and this is my coupling as it sits in my 2002 bora 4motion 2.8
    MK4 Bora 4Motion Tail shaft / Prop Shaft parts-2002-bora-4mo-233k-km-coupling-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by beale187 View Post
    Best I can tell it won't work. The plate on the forward section of the MK5 coupling won't sit flush into the tri shape bolt holes.

I did also see Audi MK1 TT tail propshafts for sale on eBay. Mainly in the UK but through eBay global shipping they were actually pretty cheap. eg. 50 quid for the shaft, 38gbp for shipping. That's about $150ish AU.
    I can kind of understand what you are saying, but looking at the image I've posted of my current coupling and how it actually mounts and the slight difference in the newer part number item, I cant see an issue with it potentially working hey...
    Last edited by NAANI?4Motion; 25-07-2022 at 03:34 PM.

Just un boxed this and measured.
    It all check out the same for the bolt hole centres and
    the O/D is actually a tad smaller than the gen 1 haldex / Mk4 type

MK4 Bora 4Motion Tail shaft / Prop Shaft parts-298354166_458620549455342_551575218252167386_n-jpgMK4 Bora 4Motion Tail shaft / Prop Shaft parts-297624420_438013751586483_2712648535872203852_n-jpg

Users Country Flag
    When's are you looking to install it?

All in and running lads!!!

Firstly, the tailshaft-haldex coupling…it lined up perfect to the tailshaft, BUT….I did have to drill out the three coupling-haldex flange bolt holes, because the quality of China parts just aren’t made to a very high standard of quality and the centres were 0.5mm off and one bolt wouldn’t line up perfectly with the haldex thread. Re drilled the three holes from 10.5mm to 11mm and it went on perfectly.

I also successfully installed a JXB performance centre bearing carrier and confirmed with the owner/operator of JXB (for the first time, no one has tried this yet) that his kit for mk4 R32 (golf) works on a bora 2.8 4motion…and so he will be updating his website and products across the board to now accommodate this chassis in his lineup.

Also, while I was under the car all day, I dropped the rear subframe and also installed a Darkside Developments 50/50 haldex bung and serviced the haldex.

It drives quite differently now and the difference was immediately apparent when hard launching.
    I will upload photos later today ✌
    Last edited by NAANI?4Motion; 18-08-2022 at 02:49 AM.

Users Country Flag
    that's great news across the board mate.

So do you think the flange bolts holes at 10.5mm were to mirror OE spec? Or do you think it was just sh*t chinese quality manufacturing?

Also good news on the JXB stuff, although I assumed they would be the same as they share the same part numbers.

Always been curious on the Darkside bung. Great (by great I mean cheaper) alternative to the HPA switchable controller. Reliability of the haldex clutch discs has always been my concern with it I guess.
    2004 VW Bora 4motion | 3.2 Swapped - R32 Trimmings | BBS CH | Forever fixing this bitch

MK4 Bora 4Motion Tail shaft / Prop Shaft parts-thumbnail_img_1496-jpgMK4 Bora 4Motion Tail shaft / Prop Shaft parts-thumbnail_img_1495-jpgMK4 Bora 4Motion Tail shaft / Prop Shaft parts-thumbnail_img_1493-jpgMK4 Bora 4Motion Tail shaft / Prop Shaft parts-thumbnail_img_1491-jpgMK4 Bora 4Motion Tail shaft / Prop Shaft parts-thumbnail_img_1490-jpgMK4 Bora 4Motion Tail shaft / Prop Shaft parts-thumbnail_img_1488-jpgMK4 Bora 4Motion Tail shaft / Prop Shaft parts-thumbnail_img_1487-jpgMK4 Bora 4Motion Tail shaft / Prop Shaft parts-thumbnail_img_1486-jpgMK4 Bora 4Motion Tail shaft / Prop Shaft parts-thumbnail_img_1497-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by beale187 View Post
    that's great news across the board mate.

So do you think the flange bolts holes at 10.5mm were to mirror OE spec? Or do you think it was just sh*t chinese quality manufacturing?

Also good news on the JXB stuff, although I assumed they would be the same as they share the same part numbers.

Always been curious on the Darkside bung. Great (by great I mean cheaper) alternative to the HPA switchable controller. Reliability of the haldex clutch discs has always been my concern with it I guess.
    Hey mate.
    The bolt hole centres in the coupling where all on point bar one single hole.
    This tells me that the production quality is lacking in quality control and tolerances.
    So yeah man, average Chinese quality is my definitive call on this.
    I would love to have the spare money to purchase an oem item and check its fitment vs the aftermarket china replacement part..

Also a word of warning for the Darkside bung;
    The O-ring they supplied was the wrong diameter and also the wrong thickness FOR THEIR OWN PART!
    I have been in contact with them about this issue fyi.
    Please see above photos for reference

Also fyi;
    I used my old passenger front cv axle bolts to bolt the coupling to the haldex flange because one of the oem bolts had sheared off when I first drove the car and I had to drill it and easy-out the bastard.
    The cv shaft bolts needed 4 thread's cut off because they're longer and would touch the haldex case.
    I used some big flat washers with these bolts because the oem had split washers and the cv bolts did not and that's all I had on hand..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast