Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Project 145TSI

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Gutoneto View Post
    Hi Sharkie,

what are yours thoughts about the new inlet pipe since you installed? I want to do as well but the cheapest place I could find is around $200+shipping and I want to find out if it worth it.

Thanks.
    I think every bit helped so far. It is an incremental improvement and that gains are small for each but combined I'd be at or close to 150kw now. If you look at the standard TIP, you can see its pretty bad and not conducive to nice flow, so I'd do it again without a thought.

Get it here Volkswagen EA211 1.2/1.4 turbo intake pipe (VW-MK70 for about $150 + shipping. Although I'd probably do the CAI before I do the TIP.

BTW, I see you have a 110TSI turbo on a 90TSI .... how did you do that, simple bolt on and then tune with a 110TSI file? I'm keen to do that for the A1 (92TSI).
    Last edited by Sharkie; 14-05-2021 at 01:53 PM.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    I think every bit helped so far. It is an incremental improvement and that gains are small for each but combined I'd be at or close to 150kw now. If you look at the standard TIP, you can see its pretty bad and not conducive to nice flow, so I'd do it again without a thought.

Get it here Volkswagen EA211 1.2/1.4 turbo intake pipe (VW-MK70 for about $150 + shipping. Although I'd probably do the CAI before I do the TIP.

BTW, I see you have a 110TSI turbo on a 90TSI .... how did you do that, simple bolt on and then tune with a 110TSI file? I'm keen to do that for the A1 (92TSI).
    I've been looking to the website for a while as they still out of the stock for months now... Searching for the part number I could find another shop that has in stock but for quite extra money.

I was thinking to do the turbo intake first as I still not made my mind yet about the air intake, if I go CAI or stay using the inbox one with a K&N for example.

I had to do some deep research but found out if you use specific turbo models from the 110TSI you won’t have any problem with the wastegate and car going to limp mode. The turbo is bold on. The injectors are pretty much the same and because that, the ECU’s closed loop can handle the changings without need to flash the car to the 110TSI file. I used like that for almost 6 weeks (driving around 200km per day) before I had time to do the stage 1. Now my car has the 110TSI tune to 140kw.

Even my car been a 2014 model I managed to get a new turbo from a 2020 model with less than 5000km from a wrecker and been running so far so good for the last 5000km.
    Last edited by Gutoneto; 14-05-2021 at 04:19 PM.
    Golf Wagon MK7 (90 92TSI) - Mods: 110TSI Turbo upgrade, ECU and TCU Stage 2, Eibach Pro-Kit, Pretoria 19", GTI PP Sway bars upgrade F/R, Full GTI Tartan interior, GTI colour Cluster, R's Bi-Xenon with AFS retrofit, GTI 312mm front brake upgrade.
    More to come...

Users Country Flag
    Hello there ,im just new owner vw golf 2018 TSI 110,is anyone try the remapping from supercheap stage 1 (29hp)?

(VW) Volkswagen Golf MK7 110 TSI Tune, ECU Tuning, Chip Tune & Flash Tune

I've been looking to the website for a while as they still out of the stock for months now... Searching for the part number I could find another shop that has in stock but for quite extra money.

I was thinking to do the turbo intake first as I still not made my mind yet about the air intake, if I go CAI or stay using the inbox one with a K&N for example.

I had to do some deep research but found out if you use specific turbo models from the 110TSI you won’t have any problem with the wastegate and car going to limp mode. The turbo is bold on. The injectors are pretty much the same and because that, the ECU’s closed loop can handle the changings without need to flash the car to the 110TSI file. I used like that for almost 6 weeks (driving around 200km per day) before I had time to do the stage 1. Now my car has the 110TSI tune to 140kw.

Even my car been a 2014 model I managed to get a new turbo from a 2020 model with less than 5000km from a wrecker and been running so far so good for the last 5000km.
    The entire intake side has lots of chambers/pipes etc that impact on good flow to the turbo. Both the TIP and the pipe between the TIP and the airbox has extra voids that cannot possibly be good. You can keep the stock airbox provided you change the pipework between it and the turbo.

Project 145TSI-mst-tip2-jpg
    Project 145TSI-mst-inlet-1-jpg

Also, what tuner did you use?
    Last edited by Sharkie; 18-05-2021 at 01:10 PM.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

The entire intake side has lots of chambers/pipes etc that impact on good flow to the turbo. Both the TIP and the pipe between the TIP and the airbox has extra voids that cannot possibly be good. You can keep the stock airbox provided you change the pipework between it and the turbo.

Attachment 52948
    Project 145TSI-mst-inlet-1-jpg

Also, what tuner did you use?
    I see what you're saying, definitely I'll try to get the whole inlet pipe.

Regarding the tuner... that was a drama.

I was in the market to get a second had car and an A4 Avant always was my first choice. As the current second hand market is going quite crazy at the moment I could find nothing that it worth to buy it for the budget I had in mind. Then I suddenly found this thread and it make changed my mind. I do have in mind all the mods I want to do it and something always was in the first ones was to do the tunes (ECU and TCU). I don't want to go crazy but as the same as your one ~140KW+ (pretty close the MK5 GTI) would make me very happy.

The APR reseller didn't want to touch my car as he said he doesn't do tunes with DQ200 cars, as I told what I had in mind (~140KW, MK5 GTI and so) he told me to sell the car and buy a MK5 GTI instead... frustrating

I checked with HP as you mentioned about the DSG Tune but I found their prices a little bit higher from my budget, don't get me wrong but I had a set budget in mind and just for what they charge for the DSG tune I got both done.

Revo when I told them that I had a turbo upgrade they said it would be best to get someone to tune the car on a Dyno.

Then I spoke with a Celtic tune reseller near where I work and he was very good and agreed to get both done for me.

I'm quite happy now.
    Golf Wagon MK7 (90 92TSI) - Mods: 110TSI Turbo upgrade, ECU and TCU Stage 2, Eibach Pro-Kit, Pretoria 19", GTI PP Sway bars upgrade F/R, Full GTI Tartan interior, GTI colour Cluster, R's Bi-Xenon with AFS retrofit, GTI 312mm front brake upgrade.
    More to come...

Quote Originally Posted by Nasos206 View Post
    Hello there ,im just new owner vw golf 2018 TSI 110,is anyone try the remapping from supercheap stage 1 (29hp)?

(VW) Volkswagen Golf MK7 110 TSI Tune, ECU Tuning, Chip Tune & Flash Tune

I have heard of them, some people on here definitely has used them before, pretty much like most of the tuners out there, using a pre-packaged file. Little bit less power than some but for the price it looks good enough.

Then I spoke with a Celtic tune reseller near where I work and he was very good and agreed to get both done for me.
    Zadtech (a Celtic Tuner) in Sydney? Have not used them, but have spoken to them. Will reach out to them when I get hold of the turbo, thanks.

BTW, MST has the TIP back in stock today, I just bought 1 for the A1
    Last edited by Sharkie; 18-05-2021 at 01:22 PM.

Zadtech (a Celtic Tuner) in Sydney? Have not used them, but have spoken to them. Will reach out to them when I get hold of the turbo, thanks.

BTW, MST has the TIP back in stock today, I just bought 1 for the A1
    I can send what I got (info about the turbo swap) for you in a PM or if you prefer I can post here.

Let me know.
    More to come...

Users Country Flag
    Thanks...

I can send what I got (info about the turbo swap) for you in a PM or if you prefer I can post here.

Let me know.
    Post it here, as others may also be interested, thanks!

BTW, Celtic Tuning's ECU upgrade for the 92TSI and 110TSI is only 4kw apart, so I may go that 1st on the A1.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast