Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wheel advice T5 2.5 multivan steelies

Ah i've never heard this and seen a few VWs running the BFGs! whats the rule and reason exactly haydo?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mtwem View Post
    Ah i've never heard this and seen a few VWs running the BFGs! whats the rule and reason exactly haydo?
    They work on the 16" VW rims @ 215/65/16 as that is a stock size and load rated correctly. No white text on tyre at that size though

BFG don't make a 17" that isn't over 15mm in diameter bigger than standard = not legal for a Multivan.

On passenger vehicles you can only run tyres up to a 15mm increase in diameter. On 4wd's you can go to 50mm (except for a few cars Jeep Cherokee, Ford Everest etc. some Subaru's you can go 50mm others not- depends on how the importer classed it with vicroads etc). Multivan's are classed as passenger cars. VW Transporters may get around it by being classed as commercial - to which 50mm is ok. Check the plate inside your door.

You also have to take into account load and speed ratings. For Load, you can be the same or higher to what it says on your door placard. If you are lower in load rating = not legal. Rules are a little more relaxed with Speed ratings (you can go 2 ratings lower I think)

I've seen so many people run K02's, but if you get in a crash - most insurance companies won't help you. Most punters that run them assume that risk and do it anyway. I'm just not prepared to.

I've always wanted k02's, I have sets of both 16" and 17' rims - but what makes BFG's cool is when they are oversized - not 16's with 215's on em! I wish we were more like the UK with these rules!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12