Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My other car is now a BMW F82 M4...

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by age100 View Post
    Last mod, yea right Richie. I don’t believe a word of it. Ad (BMW 1M).
    gday mate, fancy seeing you here. you'll have to post up the 1M in this section when it lands. Let me know if you receive it in time to get it rwc and rego before next weekend. if you're free and fancy it I'm planning a run to mt mee early Saturday morning, let me know...

I'll also ask Paul who's on here and just bought a 2019 ZM from Brisbane BMW...

Users Country Flag
    Nice work mate, so no mods then? ha ha ha
    BMW Z4 (2019)
    Audi TT quattro (2015), s-line in Nano Grey - sold

so 4 days after buying wheel spacers for the oem wheels, I buy some new wheels...

I know it makes no sense at all but I have always wanted the completion wheels and these oem wheels came up for sale in Brisbane including michelin pilot sports so I couldn't say no...

tyres are just less than a year old with plenty of tread...

they're in pretty good condition and should look even better with a bit of tlc. hoping the tyre pressure monitoring will work but I'll have to check that out...

Users Country Flag
    Looks awesome
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Comp wheels are a great looking OEM wheel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks chaps, not had chance to fit the new wheels yet but a forum member took this photo during a recent drive masters drive...

from anyone who read my e92 m3 posts you'll notice i'm not a fan of the tyre goo, hence the latest purchase...

test fit shows it clears the brakes well which i was a bit nervous about from an 18" wheel...

i slightly modified an oem bmw jack by adding a box section to fit inside the jacking points plus a ratchet adapter to wind up and down...

not the greatest photo but I had to put the competition wheels on quickly as I sold my old wheels and the new owner was on the way to collect...

the flush fit wheel spacers will also work with these wheels but I couldn't install them as they came with bolts for the E9X model. new bolts are now on the way, I had no idea that bmw changed the wheel bolt size for the F8X...

after putting it off for ages I decided to grow a pair and fit the new grilles...

I was putting I off because I read it can be tricky to access the clips. no exaggeration but it could not have been easier...

growing in confidence I tackled the side grilles next...

also very easy...

confidence was high so I went for the rear badge replacement...

I liked the clean look and was tempted to leave it off all together but didn't want to loose the locating tape...

I held the new genuine bmw badge up and convinced myself to put it on or why did I spend the money on a new badge...

finally on and I think it was probably the right decision...

the final step was the exhaust tips, these were the hardest part but once the first one was off it went a lot quicker...

and all the chrome has now safely been removed...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast