Support VWWC

Thread: Not cool this summer

Users Country Flag

Not cool this summer

Today, the fan (at a minimum) if my 2007/8 Multivan climate control stopped, without a hint or dash warning. It's not impossible that it struggled a bit before it went belly up.

How should I go about diagnosing the issue?

Users Country Flag
    “Heater fan”
    I had to replace the motor on my 08 Multivan a couple of times, reason for failure was always the brushes that wore out, I bought second hand motors of eBay.

Users Country Flag
    Mine was always the front fan, the rear and middle fans never failed

Users Country Flag
    SGS parts plus in Sydney

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks, folks.

Ok, I ran up the climate control. There's a piddling flow coming through all three sets of outlets with the setting on full grunt - and anything else for that matter. Naturally there are no error reports with my basic plug in.

Anybody able to point me to a diagram that might help me delve into the nether depths of the dash on a 2007 Multivan?
    Last edited by Kiels3927; 22-09-2020 at 05:14 PM.

It is the same as I replied on the the other thread FAN resistor easy fit and cheap from Ebay , whenthey fail the fan only works on extreme low speed or not at all . Heater Blower Fan Motor Resistor For VW T5 Transporter Caravelle TOUAREG AMAROK 870229948632 | eBay

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny43.5 View Post
    It is the same as I replied on the the other thread FAN resistor easy fit and cheap from Ebay , whenthey fail the fan only works on extreme low speed or not at all . Heater Blower Fan Motor Resistor For VW T5 Transporter Caravelle TOUAREG AMAROK 870229948632 | eBay
    Is it the same part for a t5.1 multivan with climate control? I had no fan working today...

The resistor is inside the front of the fan box just under the dashboard LHS , I would imagine if you have problems with front only outlets that's the first place to check it should be the same across all models . New link as that old one does not work anymore .Heater Blower Fan Motor Resistor For VW Amarok Touareg Transporter 7E0959263 New 870229948632 | eBay

Users Country Flag

Thanks mate. Ordered one!