Thread: Big ambient lighting upgrade

Big ambient lighting upgrade

I'm guessing nobody has tried this?

LED ambient light door trim light atmosphere light for VW Golf 7 MK7 Golf 7.5 Golf Rline Golf G T I 32 color 12 lights|Interior Mouldings| - AliExpress

This looks like what it would have been nice for VW to do, so everyone gets the lighting and the dashboard is covered too.

I wish I had none to begin with, this would be a bigger upgrade, but there is also the colour changing aspect, though I'd probably stick to red anyway.
    MY20 MK7.5 Golf GTI - Tornado Red - LP/S&SP
    MY19 AW Polo - Comfortline - DAP

Users Country Flag
    A lot of money for something you only see when you open the doors
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    I've basically got that on the other car and it's half cool, half a gimmick - and hasn't really changed for the last 12 months.

If it comes stock great, but as I can't judge given what I waste money on I can see an appeal if you're really into interior lighting.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Users Country Flag
    Could just get these footwell lights in red/blue/white?

I’ll probably get the white ones once back in stock

https://vwcentral.com.au/shop-by/veh...occo-pair.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't really want to change it, colour wise, it's more about getting the lights in more parts of the car for everyone to enjoy.

Two years ago I was looking at the Kodiaq and it has it in the rear and as usual, the smaller car has it half done. It's the children I'm thinking of, the children!!

Considering where the ambient lighting strips are now, this kit puts them in all the other similar places in the car, that do nothing. This is what the car should have come with stock, it's very appealing at night time.

Hillbilly, your post holds no value.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by genebaby View Post
    I don't really want to change it, colour wise, it's more about getting the lights in more parts of the car for everyone to enjoy.

Two years ago I was looking at the Kodiaq and it has it in the rear and as usual, the smaller car has it half done. It's the children I'm thinking of, the children!!

Considering where the ambient lighting strips are now, this kit puts them in all the other similar places in the car, that do nothing. This is what the car should have come with stock, it's very appealing at night time.

Hillbilly, your post holds no value.
    As a long time commercial driver all I can say is that the less lights INSIDE the cabin the better and as I havent got kids i dont care

I think of safety and no glare on the inside of windows and would never consider your reasons for having them on all the time which have no validity safety wise

There is no safety issue, did I ask about spotlights to blind us all as I drive? This is ambient lighting, which is already in similar parts of the car and which other cars do have more of in the same vein as I'm looking at.

I, and probably most people, don't need your opinion that deems so many things of no interest or value. How is that helpful? It's not.

I'm surprised you don't have "Bah, humbug" in your signature.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by genebaby View Post
    There is no safety issue, did I ask about spotlights to blind us all as I drive? This is ambient lighting, which is already in similar parts of the car and which other cars do have more of in the same vein as I'm looking at.

I, and probably most people, don't need your opinion that deems so many things of no interest or value. How is that helpful? It's not.

I'm surprised you don't have "Bah, humbug" in your signature.
    Very sorry to have a different opinion to you which in most forums is allowed as it is in most countries of the world. If you dont like them dont read them SIMPLES I just dont like to waste money on things that give no value

If you wish to, knock yourself out
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 06-08-2020 at 05:17 PM.

Ok, so the original items are not available anymore at the moment, but I found this, which is technically more what I want and need in my car.

rear Car Door Panel LED Decorative Atmosphere Lights Dashboard atmosphere lamp Monochrome or multicolor for V W Golf 7 Golf 7.5|Decorative Lamp| - AliExpress

Has anyone had any experience in removing the lines in trim within the trim on the door cards?