Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: turbo charger replacement

Users Country Flag

Robertg,
    The turbo on these when stuffed pushes the engine up into your inlet manifold. Also these are a throw away turbo cartridge. You can buy the cartridge like I did but a lot of work putting in and the best way I did it was remove the in let manifold and the you can remove exhaust manifold. But I just seen your date when you asked. the 11.03.2020. How did you go was it fixed??
    Cheers John

Users Country Flag
    Well guy's did all that for nothing putting in a new turbo cartridge which it did need one as the build up of the oil in the inlet manifold was really bad. So I cleaned it before I put it back on.
    I was thinking that if I block the vacuum hose to the waste gate valve to see if that could be the problem with the valve that causes the vacuum to open the waste gate valve and dump the turbo boost.
    It's really disappointing when you clean and add a new turbo cartridge and check every thing only to find it is still the same.

All I can say is HELP.

Users Country Flag

Users Country Flag
    Yes and found that the vacuum line from that valve to the west gate valve was an open circuit. Even to find one of that valve or what ever it is called, most go with the transporter to scrap yard. Two people that wrecked there transporter left the valves on which was the valves with all the vacuum lines go to. I don'y want to buy a new one just in case it is not that. I have worked on it for days. even hired the support brace to try and have the engine forward but you got to remove so much that I packed it up and sent it back.
    Anyway still the same problem NO power. Just dies on a hill or up grade.

Users Country Flag
    Sorry. The scan showed the N75 valve had the open circuit. Today I will check if any power is to number 1 plug pin is a live. I did go trough all the fuses and found they were ok. Vacuum is working as I can switch the air flap to in side or air coming from out side when I push the button on the dash which it uses vacuum to change. I'm waiting for the post man to deliver my City vac so I can check if the waste gate valve is ok. I can also pressure check all my vacuum lines to see if any are no good.

What exactly did the VCDS scan say? Is it just the glow plug light flashing or do you have the yellow engine symbol also on steady? How many k's on the vehicle?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12