Page 174 of 197 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 1970

Thread: VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by komoornik View Post
    Here are the screenshots.

BTW is there an adaption channel for cornering lights from the main lamps? I have LED TOP installed.

try changing Lichtfunkion E22 to "not active"

not sure what you mean by "cornering lights from the main lamps"?

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Ok now the 3rd brake light is off. So how to enable the blinking with hazard lights only? I want to keep it on when boot is opened or for coming/leaving home.

I mean the cornering lights which are turned on when moving a steering wheel (not the fog lights).

Quote Originally Posted by komoornik View Post
    Can someone help me with 3rd brake light tweaks?

I did some coding (mostly enabling 3rd brake light when boot is open and also for coming/leaving home).

I tried to enable it for hazard lights but it now is active while using turn signals too.

Hi Friend, I have used this modification of XaGiCo to activate 3 light (stop) on my Golf with VCDS.
    I'll put screenshots of the changes if you might find it useful.

VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7-3-stop-png

Users Country Flag
    ^^^^ The logic for this tweak is real odd IMHO - why on God's green earth would you want to switch-on the high mounted brake light when the hatch is open?

As I understand, when someone opens the hatch, your tweak causes the 3rd brake light to illuminate. This might be useful in stopping a collision by the occasional owl that might be flying close to the vehicle at night ( , just joking) - but how does it benefit either the driver, or the cars at the rear?

Don

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 24-02-2020 at 09:41 AM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    ^^^^ The logic for this tweak is real odd IMHO - why on God's green earth would you want to switch-on the high mounted brake light when the hatch is open?

As I understand, when someone opens the hatch, your tweak causes the 3rd brake light to illuminate. This might be useful in stopping a collision by the occasional owl that might be flying close to the vehicle at night ( , just joking) - but how does it benefit either the driver, or the cars at the rear?

Don

Don
    I agree its totally weird unless you are parking at the end of the local runway.

The usual one is to have normal taillights on when taildoor is open but that leads to accidentally leaving it open and running the battery flat.

However whatever floats his boat. Hope his driving habits arent as weird.

If it does as he says comes on when turn signals are working it is potentially dangerous
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Anyone in sydney who can help me code my abs module on my mk7 golf? I tried plugging a different cluster with same vin but i mistakenly turned the ignition on and it wiped off abs module coding.

Users Country Flag
    Your best bet would be to use dealer tool ODIS online which can restore your coding to factory settings.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsalant1 View Post
    Anyone in sydney who can help me code my abs module on my mk7 golf? I tried plugging a different cluster with same vin but i mistakenly turned the ignition on and it wiped off abs module coding.
    Or if ODIS isn't an option - try looking at a previous auto-scan (VCDS saves these in the sub-directory C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Scans)

Or if you have previously created an adaptation map of the hex03 module, look in C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Logs.

Or if you have previously changed long coding in the hex03 module look at the CodingLog.CSV file in C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Debug.

If you use OBD11 and you previously saved a Back-Up, or you changed long code Byte/Bit in the hex03 module - Look in the History facility

Don
    PS: after restoring the long code string, you will likely need to execute a few Basic setting procedures - as determined by the DTC error messages
    Last edited by DV52; 01-03-2020 at 10:07 AM.

I find Odis way more simple and it’s the factory software.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tyr382 View Post
    I find Odis way more simple and it’s the factory software.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    But how many of us has access to it. I jokingly asked the tech who was working on my car about a copy of it and he said yeah sure but as soon as you leave here it wont work as it would only work through their connection
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Page 174 of 197 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184 ... LastLast