Thread: Wiring for Driving Lights-Tiguan

Users Country Flag

Question Wiring for Driving Lights-Tiguan

Can anyone help me as I wish to install LED light bar to 2017 Tiguan 140TDI Highliner. I have read that the computer controls the high bean by pulses. It that correct? I wish to connect to the High bean wire (black and white) at the headlight to control the driving lights. Would that be the way to go or is there a problem with this that may cause faults in the computer.

Users Country Flag
    Normally for something like this you want a relay to turn them on and a separate circuit for power.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    As above and also you cant have a switch that allows them to come on with Dips. Look up the regs for your State to keep it nice and legal
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

A relay does not work on a Canbus vehicle such as the Tiguan unfortunately, been there and done that. You need something like this which I used to make it legal CANM8 High Beam Output Interface - Stinger Australia

Seen here being installed

YouTube

I used it to install two Cibie driving lights on my Tiguan and it works well through an isolation switch and turns off the lights on low beam. There may be other products available but this is the only one I could find 12 months ago.

I ordered one direct from CanM8 direct for about half I could buy in Aust...and they were able to confirm correct module selection for peace of mind. If you are looking for an alternative to Stinger.

Successful fitment to my Focus RS which is CAN Bus, Hi/Lo Xenon flipper shade and no 12V high beam to tap 'power' for a relay.

I found the team in the UK very helpful when we rang them to confirm vehicle details which were wrong.