Thread: T4 2.0 AAC Transporter - not running. What manual? Where to start?

Users Country Flag

T4 2.0 AAC Transporter - not running. What manual? Where to start?

Just bought a T4 2.0 petrol transporter in good nick, other than the engine not running. I want to use this to learn more about fixing engines, then convert it into a campervan.
    I have no idea what has been done or what went wrong before I bought the car, pushed it into the driveway and now the fun starts.
    I charged the battery, engine turns over, oil looks black but doesn’t smell burnt, no sludge under the water cap, slight oily sludge under the oil cap. Spark plugs wet and smell of petrol, So I suspect issues are electrical/timing. I want to get it running first, then decide whether to overhaul. It has 259k kms on it.
    ok, so my questions are as follows:
    What workshop manual would you recommend?
    Has anyone bought the emanualonline one, and is it worthwhile?
    Bonus question: what do I do next (while I wait for an answer on the manual question)?

Hi Syncrofan and welcome to the forum!

In regards to your bonus question I think your best next step would be to ask your questions again in this section of the forum https://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f136/

I know that your obligatory first post has to be in the Newbies Corner but chances are that it will probably get missed by those who may be able to assist you.

Good luck with your project!