Support VWWC

Thread: R36 Questions

Talking R36 Questions

HI Guys,
    New to the Forum,
    Just sold my Audi Allroad Biturbo, and took delivery of my White R36 from Moss Vale Volkswagen 2 weeks ago, it already has 5,700 Kms on the clock!!!

I have ordered the C versions kit Blue tooth on ebay, has anyone used a Canberra operator to fit these as yet??

Very impressed with the Fuel economy, 8.3 going up to Bathurst on the first week .... great road but had to follow a Police car most of the way .... bugger!

This week I did 2,500 km through northern NSW averaged 9.8 with the Air on flat out and 2 good runs through the putty road!! The air makes a big difference to the fuel economy.

A couple of issues, the low collant light has now come on twice in one week. On investigation I removed the cap and the coolant returned to the correct level. Took it to the dealer on the way back and he could not explain why, has anyone else had this experience??

A bit un-nerving also when the DSG suddenly changes down as you slow back into the 60 zone, the engine reves like crazy, again the dealer suggest they all do it?? comments anyone please.

Great Forum !!

Greg

r36 stuff

Have driven R36 wagon and now must have one.
    Problem, $ seems to have sky rocketed in last few months, even with corp disc. Anyone finding them new with any extras (partic satnav and cam) for under $70k?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by stitchit View Post
    A bit un-nerving also when the DSG suddenly changes down as you slow back into the 60 zone, the engine reves like crazy, again the dealer suggest they all do it?? comments anyone please.

Welcome

Were you in S-mode when it did this?
    Pete
    MY13 Octavia vRS TDI DSG

dsg issue

No I know this can happen in sport mode but the latest time was going quietly into the local shopping centre car park, frightened the stuff out of me! Bought it up with the dealer but he found no issue with it?? same with the Coolant tank problems??

Disturbing!

Users Country Flag

Under 70k

Quote Originally Posted by karicta View Post
    Have driven R36 wagon and now must have one.
    Problem, $ seems to have sky rocketed in last few months, even with corp disc. Anyone finding them new with any extras (partic satnav and cam) for under $70k?
    Just managed to pick up an MY10 R36 wagon with sunroof for less than $68k. Satnav is an expensive accessory though - you'd be unlikely to get sub $70k with that option.