Thread: Polo MY21 85TSi Turbo dsg

Users Country Flag

Polo MY21 85TSi Turbo dsg

Bought the MY21 dsg Polo late last year to replace an MY13 manual Polo. Now realise that, unlike the previous Polo, there is no written service timeline or service task breakdown readily available. Attempts to obtain credible detailed info from the dealer and VW Australia have been frustrating and unsuccessful. I joined this forum hoping the collective knowledge of the forum members can assist where VW and dealer have failed.

Users Country Flag
    Wow really - no service schedule?!

The usual VW service schedule is 15,000km or 12 months so I would follow that.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

I've written a separate post on the polo forum (has not yet appeared. The dealer printout I received shows parts to be replaced and price but no service task details. What I received from VW HO was either a generic our Touareg service schedule summary with a 2014 date and tasks, many of which don't relate to the MY21 Polo (eg reference to Haldex oil replacement).

I think I could be forgiven for thinking that VW are deliberately trying to make it difficult to use service people other than their own dealers.

Catch 22: To satisfy VW warranty requirements you need to accord with their servicing requirements, but they won't tell you in detail what these are.