Thread: Perth Newbie - First Time VW Owner

Users Country Flag

Perth Newbie - First Time VW Owner

Just hit the go button on my first VW yesterday.
    I can't wait to get delivery of bmy 2020 Tiguan Highline 162TSI in White with the R Line, Panoramic Sunroof and Sound & Vision Package (couldn't squeeze any more in).
    I started the day commited to buying a Discovery Sport but after driving the top of the line Tiguan, my mind was changed pretty quickly. Super responsive and has all the fruit.
    Thankfully they have one in stock and I should take delivery later this week.
    I've read a previous post about the Service Plans and think I'll take the 5 year plan on too (based on saving $940 in servicing plus another $780 on my RAC roadside assist over the 5 years).

I do have a question and will post it on a new thread if that's the best way to go about it.....
    I'm not sure if this is just my VW dealer but the aftersales person is tried selling us a 5yr Package including Schmick Membership, Tinting and Hydro Interior/Exterior Protection.
    I'm not really interested in the protection as I don't rate them (from previous experience) but the Schmick Membership seemed interesting. If you don't know what that is it's a dent/scratch repair service where they come out and fix (minor) stuff for a $50 fee. I like to keep my car neat and tidy and thought it might be a good thing but seems over priced starting at $2,295. I know you can always pay mobile guys to come around on an adhoc basis for a few hundred bucks at a time.

Congratulations and welcome!

I think the servicing package is not a bad deal if you’re going to keep the car for the full 5 years or make use of all the servicing by km.

I don’t think you’ll get more for the car if you sell in 3 years with “free” servicing thrown in. So it’s one of those things. Also check what happens if the car gets stolen/written off/hail damage if the cover is transferrable. I suspect if may go with the car.

In terms of the body protection pack For $2.5k you can get a lot of PDR. It’s not that much of a discount as you’re still paying $50 a dent. Best off getting a decent detailer to put on a ceramic coating if you’re worried about your paint or DIY for under $200. I do the latter just to protect the clear coat from bird droppings mostly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build