Thread: Oettinger/APR MKV GTI

Users Country Flag

Oettinger/APR MKV GTI

Hey Guys,

I've been lurking here for ages, but I thought I should finally post and say hello.
    Last August I purchased myself a near new '08 MKV GTI. I was lucky to find one only 8 months old with only 8k on the clock, and full optioned! 3rd, DSG, Leather, Sunroof, Xenons, Sat Nav, Parking sensors... the lot!

After speaking a lot to Guy and his team up at Harding Performance in Brisbane, I took my new car down to European Auto Tech in Sydney (where I'm from) to get the full Oettinger body kit, Type RE 18" Charcol Silver Rims, APR ECU Upgrade and APR 3" Quad-tip full exhaust system.

The car was fantastic. ~205KW, 430NM torque.. a rocket! So wonderful to drive, and looked absolutely fantastic with the Oettinger body kit, yet similar enough to the regular GTI that police and the general public never really looked twice
    I've posted two images that I took with my phone camera...

Anyway - after only 4 months of owning the car, I was on the way home from work when a bus driver decided to have a sleep at the wheel and ran into the back of me whilst I was in peak hour traffic. So now all I have left are some great memories, some photos... and also some parts!

I'll create a proper thread in the classified section when I've done enough posts, but I have the original Volkswagen GTI body kit I had removed when putting on the Oettinger bodykit, as well as the Oettinger wheels and the APR exhaust which the insurance company let me remove as they were undamaged in the accident. So PM me if you're interested in any of it.

As for now, I'm carpooling and using public transport whilst waiting for the new MK6 GTI or even the R20T to arrive in Australia!
    Last edited by Corey_R; 30-03-2009 at 11:48 AM. Reason: speeling

welcome Cory, and thats a nice car you DID have
    2007 Audi RS4 with: APR ECU Upgrade; JHM Quick Shifter; Milltek Catback and Downpipes; KW V3 Coilovers; Argon Creative Carbon Fibre Splitters

Users Country Flag
    Welcome to the forum mate. Sorry to hear that news, it was a shmick looking car. Shocking news!
    All the best with the looong wait to get the Mk6.
    Be good to see what you do with it in the way of mods.
    Andrew
    Par 6 Golf GTI. Coilovers, BBS CH Wheels, APR'd
    Caddy van 05/07 (colourcoded) (BRIGHT! orange!) coilovers, Konis 18in. wheels, Oettinger tuned

arghhh that sucks !!,...........she was a sweet lookin ride too.

Users Country Flag
    Was nice and 3 doors do look the best!

Runs away.

Sorry to hear about the bus driver that never heard of Red Bull.

Gavin

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for the welcome guys

Users Country Flag
    nice...nice...nice...love red colour
    R36 > MK5 2006 1.9 TDI > MK4 2003 1.6 Generation > MK3 1995 2.8 VR6 > MK2 1990 1.6 > MK1 1982 1.8 GTI

Great looking car, sorry to hear of your accident mate!! I read your post in the R20 thread first... Hopefully the wait won't be too unbearable
    '03 BMP MkIV Golf GTI | Oettinger tune | K04 | 18" OZ
    '04 BMP MkIV R32 #144
    search getnew
    ozaudi | ozvolks | opelaus | ecca