Support VWWC

Thread: Odometer display issue post service

Users Country Flag

Odometer display issue post service

Hi all,

I had my Golf MK7 TDI serviced this week at the VW dealership and noticed that my odometer is showing "TrA 70%" where it previously showed the trip kilometres.

I have looked through the manual and called dealership and not had any light shed on this, I have tried to change all of the settings via the display but to no avail.

Has anyone had a similar issue or know of the solution to get the trip kilometres back? I use it for measuring my log book for business use so I'm keen to have the function working again.

Cheers

Users Country Flag
    I would be returning to the dealer to have it fixed. They muffed it they should fix it as a matter of priority and provide a loaner until it is rectified so you can still work.
    08 MY09 R32, DBP, DSG, GIAC, R8V10 reps, KW V3, RNS510/VIM/BT/MDI, region free DVD, switched Haldex, s2t paddles,HPA dogbone rubber,Mk7 climatronics, FIS+, Adams/RDA discs & Hawk pads, Garage button, GruppeM. Front fogs, Milltek. CF Chin spoiler.Strut support. LEDs Alloy front suspension bits.....
    http://photobucket.com/gregsr32

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by greg32 View Post
    I would be returning to the dealer to have it fixed. They muffed it they should fix it as a matter of priority and provide a loaner until it is rectified so you can still work.
    Yeah I was thinking this would be the case but was hoping there is a quick fix without having to bring the car back, that will be my second time back for this service. The 1st time I was told it collect it and when I got there it turned it the service wasn't finished at all, not happy with the dealership and won't be going back to this one I think.

Users Country Flag

I'm pretty sure Tra means it's in factory 'transport mode'.

It'll need to be sent back to the dealer to have it switched off, or I believe you can keep driving beyond a certain distance to clear it. I think it's either 100 or 1000kms. Regardless, it would've been switched off before you took delivery of the car when new, but why it was re-enabled is beyond me.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0