Support VWWC

Thread: NT another newbie

Users Country Flag

NT another newbie

Afternoon ladies and gents, apologies in advance for the many numpty questions to follow.
    Dipping my toe in the euro water with a 2020 polo GTI.
    Some previous bad decisions are below;
    • S12 silvia,
    • S13 silvia,
    • S13 with a rb20,
    • and a VL commodore.
    • D40 Navara

Some more bad decisions but they were rotors so it the worst and the best at the same time;
    • 89 FC3S,
    • 92 FD3S(current).

So a lot of japanese cars in the mix, the Polo is my first european car other than leased Dacia on holiday.
    For an inexpensive car it has sooo many buttons, and great to throw around. + LAUNCH control FTW!

Craig.

Users Country Flag

Welcome Craig, totally rate the 2020 Polo GTI. Haven't driven one yet, almost recently, but I have a 2015 6C Polo GTI 6sp manual. I bought it for the manual box really, and its specs (similar to early Porsche Boxsters, on paper anyway, I have driven 2.5s, 2.7s and 3.2s and reckon the Polo is better than all except the 3.2). On paper these 2 versions of the Polo are very close, suspect maybe the ride/feel may be better distributed in yours (with a slightly wider track?). Pound for pound, both awesome cars. great value for money and enjoyment, reckon you have made a nice choice for your 1st Euro. I have owned a TD Gemini, 66 VC Regal Valiant, 253 VH SLE, VP Exec Commodore, 2008 Honda Civic. All good cars for their own reasons. But enjoy the Euro love affair. Would be keen to hear what you think of your Polo, GmnCarBoy