hi everyone,

I'm a noob, I drive a 2006 Golf V with the 1.6L engine, and recently I've started doing my own repairs / upgrades on the car. I'm originally from Canada and don't speak German well, and the German VW forums are difficult for me to read, hence I'd like to join in with this forum where it's a bit easier for me to communicate.

My current project is working on the sound system. I've upgraded to the RCD330+ (chinese) but I'm not happy with the sound. I love the bluetooth integration though. Current plan is to try to get something like the Discover media installed and working, although I understand this can be quite a challenge.

Recent repairs I've done include replacing the passenger door lock actuator, and replacing the cable harness between the car and the hatch (wires were disintegrating in the rubber boot connecting the car body with the hatch). Also a marten recently got into the engine and bit through the cable running to the brake pedal sensor, so that was a bit of a job to re-solder the cable down in the engine bay.

cheers
Mark