Support VWWC

Thread: Newbie to Forum

Users Country Flag

Cool Newbie to Forum

Although new to forum, have been driving a Golf pacific (V) for 12 pretty well trouble free years now. I have travelled about 210,000 km, however it is starting to show its age and joined to explore this site to check out the forums. My wife and I travel mostly in Victoria, but also ventured into SA, NSW and Queensland. This is the first car I have owned for more than 7 years and driven more than 80,000km. I am pretty happy with the performance of the golf.

Users Country Flag
    Hi and welcome, I feel that any car driven sympathetically, yet with vigour and regular servicing will perform well. My Golf MK 6 runs well, but little things in interior trim wear out and can be replaced relatively easily. Door trims, handles, gear lever boots etc can be replaced on a number of websites and DIY YouTube videos are a great help to me. With a vehicle that's done your distance you are obviously well aware of top lubricants and other fluid changes.Cheers-John

Hi all, been a VW/Audi driver for the last 8 years or so. The most interesting aspect of these cars for me is the fact that there are so many DIYs/retrofits that you can possibly carry out to make them even more enjoyable! 😊

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Thanks guys, I have not used any sort of forum for a few years now. I am a bit of a DIY, plus my son is an Autotrimmer who has a lot of handy tools and knows a few tricks of the trade.