Thread: Newbie, DSG already failed in less than a week

Users Country Flag

Newbie, EOS

Hi,

I got a used EOS 2011 which unfortunately has a transmission issue Ive detailed in another post.

I got the EOS because I wanted another convertible, my previous car was a MX5 which I never really drove hard just cruised around. So I thought get something with a hard top, more refined and quieter. I was also looking at the Peugeot 308. Anyway the car is great I like how it drives and performs very happy with it. Significantly bigger storage space

This is my first VW but my wife had the golf with the 7speed DSG and said not to get this car, I disagreed as this has an improved wet clutch transmission, anyway bad timing.
    Last edited by chrisb123; 17-02-2021 at 08:53 PM. Reason: More appropriate post

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisb123 View Post
    Hi,

I got a used EOS 2011 and is less then a week it now requires a new mechatronics unit, what a great start.
    I test drove the car and had a mechanic inspect it before purchase. Also had a mechanic service it right after I bought it, then it failed...
    What you really mean is you have bought a 10 year old car with?????km on it and tranny has failed The fact that you have just bought it is a shame but not really relevant to the problem. Have you checked to see if it should have been in a recall for cars around that age, as was an extensive one after that time. Also better to post problems in relevant sub forum rather than in here (Newbies Corner ) which is for self introductions
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Yes did the recall check, only one was 69Q7, front air bag, completed. I'll fix my post