Thread: New VW Touareg Owner

Users Country Flag

New VW Touareg Owner

Easter Monday evening I had an accident & Insurance company declared my Land Rover D2 V8 auto as not economic to repair.
    What to buy as a replacement, something small & economic, or a vehicle that was capable of towing a blue water boat, trailer, etc and had some ability for travel off the main roads. After considerable reviewing of suitable vehicles, I ran down a low km, well presented, well maintained & within my budget a 2005 7L 3.2 V6 Touareg.
    There are a number of items that need repair/replacement & have set about procuring the requisite components to make the vehicle meet my needs more fully.
    Within a couple of weeks of ownership I have had the centre bearing carrier fail. Ordered a replacement tailshaft, however while waiting for it to arrive I found the "Jimi Fix", where hydraulic hose is used in lieu of the failed rubber element of the carrier. Car back in service, tailshaft still in delivery packaging.
    Very impressed to date with the Treg. Vastly different than the Discovery. Much better fuel economy, ride, handling, quietness, plushness.
    I found this Group, while trolling through articles on one of the two VW Touareg groups I have joined. I guess more specifically found VWWC via ETKA Online. What a great resource. Will need to pursue making a donation
    I will be a regular viewer & occasional contributer, as I was on AULRO.

Have you found club touareg - Club Touareg Forum
    There is a local Australian section and very helpful information on the 7L models.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc R, Audi Q5
    Past VWs- T-Roc R-Line, Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Yes, I found that early on, actually before I purchased my Touareg. Found persons on there very helpful. There is a lot of information available via that forum