Thread: New VW Owner Central Coast NSW

Users Country Flag

New VW Owner Central Coast NSW

Hey guys!

New owner here having just picked up a 2018 Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg.

We have previously had a 2006 Passat V6 4Motion in the family but first time VW owner for me 🙂

Loving the Wolfie so far, have just moved from a 2019 Chrysler 300 SRT so it’s a little different!

Just finding my way around it and looking forward to doing some research on here!

Stefan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by StefanVXR8 View Post
    Hey guys!

New owner here having just picked up a 2018 Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg.

We have previously had a 2006 Passat V6 4Motion in the family but first time VW owner for me ��

Loving the Wolfie so far, have just moved from a 2019 Chrysler 300 SRT so it’s a little different!

Just finding my way around it and looking forward to doing some research on here!

Stefan
    Welcome mate! Nice choice, I have one too!
    Hopefully you enjoy the lower running costs over the 300 SRT, but I bet you will miss the power!

What colour Wolfsburg Edition did you get?
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks!

Yeah, will definitely miss that 6.4 Hemi

I got the pure white, has the panoramic sunroof option too which is great, plus it was low KM's also.

Loving the quality feel of everything, the SRT wasn't bargain basement, but the VW just feels better put together.
    2023 MY22 Arteon R-Line Shooting Brake
    2016 MY17 Golf 92TSI Comfortline Wagon
    Previous - 2019 MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by StefanVXR8 View Post
    Thanks!

Yeah, will definitely miss that 6.4 Hemi

I got the pure white, has the panoramic sunroof option too which is great, plus it was low KM's also.

Loving the quality feel of everything, the SRT wasn't bargain basement, but the VW just feels better put together.
    Good choice, I remember seeing that car on Carsales (I think it was the only one available in that spec).
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag
    G'day and welcome. The Passat Alltrack is a nice car, although a very different experience to an SRT. What made you make that change?

Funnily enough I was browsing SRT's the other night on CarSales (just out of interest) and they are worth more than I was expecting. With that in mind, no doubt you pocketed some cash in the changeover to the VW?
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    G'day and welcome. The Passat Alltrack is a nice car, although a very different experience to an SRT. What made you make that change?

Funnily enough I was browsing SRT's the other night on CarSales (just out of interest) and they are worth more than I was expecting. With that in mind, no doubt you pocketed some cash in the changeover to the VW?
    Yeah, that increase in value was part of the reason for changing. I bought it new in 2019 and only did 10,000KM's in that time and with it approaching 3 years old and the warranty running out, I thought it was time to go for something more practical.

I got back more than I paid that's for sure!

Stefan
    Last edited by StefanVXR8; 08-04-2022 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
    Good choice, I remember seeing that car on Carsales (I think it was the only one available in that spec).
    Yeah, I'd narrowed in down to that one and also a blue (both 2018 with the 7sp DSG), but the blue one had a tear in the driver seat. I wanted the panoramic roof as I had the same on the SRT, so I watched the prices for a while, the dealer dropped the price of the white one and I haggled a bit more off and bought it.

4 have shifted on Carsales this week but the 7sp seemed more harder to find

Stefan