Thread: New VW owner

Users Country Flag

New VW owner

Hey all! I've just ordered my first new car and first VW, a MY11 Polo 77TSI DSG Comfortline. Pepper Grey, comfort/audio pack, carpet floor mats, euro plates, tinting and weather shield although after skimming through this forum I'm strongly considering calling the dealer to add on the sports pack

I'm sure I'll have a lot more questions for everyone once I take delivery, sometime between September and November at the moment

Welcome!

How much did the Polo set you back? Would it be much more for the GTI?
    Last edited by noone; 23-07-2010 at 07:25 PM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks!

Good question, I think it'd be 4-5k more to get the GTI. Tempting... but already stretching my budget as is

Just talked to the dealer about adding on the sports pack, I have until Monday afternoon to decide if I want to get it in the September shipment. Unfortunately he only had a model with the sports pack to try, so I'm not sure if the standard ride is much different. Anyone lucky enough to try both?

Also starting to consider changing to the black paint, assuming it's not too much more than the pepper grey

Users Country Flag

Hi All,
    We are not new to the VW make. I grew up in the back of beetles and my first VW was a 66 Square back and that began the love hate relation ship with VW's. We have a 72 low light cross over kombie that we use for weekends away?? We now live in central west Victoria and needed a more practical car for the bush. We got a 2009 Tiguan 130 TDI with 250k on the clock. Car is in excellent condition for its age. Tiggy as we have affectionately called her; after the 60's supper model Twiggy, is getting a new set of shoes on the week end with an aggressive tred pattern for off road driving. Our drive is 900m long and the lane we live of gets a bit wet in winter. Found the form as we need to set the car up for night time country road driving. My wife who is the car owner does a 200k round trip for work everyday. At the moment she leaves in the dark and get home in the dark and country road at night are an issue.
    So thanks for letting us join and now it is off to scour the forms
    Cheers Sleeper01