Thread: New User - Waiting on delivery of 2018 MY19 Sportline 206 4x4

New User - Waiting on delivery of 2018 MY19 Sportline 206 4x4

Hi to all,

I have been a longtime viewer since I owned my first Passat 2.0TDI 2009 sedan followed by a 2011 Passat 2.0TDI wagon.

After deciding it was time for some new wheels and being a convert to VAG, I had a look at lots of options before test driving and deciding on a Skoda Sportsline 206 4x4 sedan.

My choice has always been to search for low km cars with warranty rather than new and after finding limited choice in Perth I searched across Australia for a decent deal. I chose a demo from Victoria with <5k/km in Moon White and fitted with virtual cockpit. After haggling and reaching a price I was happy with, that included splitting the cost to ship to WA I bought it.

I cleaned and advertised my 2011 Passat wagon with 96k/km the same day and was really happy to sell it that night for close to asking price and $5k more than I had been offered as a trade locally.

Over the last week I have spent a lot of time reading and learning on here.

I have read here on how best to run in modern VAG cars by varying revs and gears to bed in a responsive engine. As I don't know how my car has been driven to date is it to late to follow the advice so I can reach the potential and avoid any issues associated with a sedate urban driver?

I have already sourced a used OEM 8j x 19" rim and tyre for $150 after reading here how the wheel well can be modded to fit this to replace the space saver which I don't like.

I am thinking of adding a stage 1 Bluefin tune but i probably won't go much beyond this tuning wise, I will decide when it arrives and I get to have a decent drive outside the metro area. Most of my modding was done many years ago with my first couple of cars, but I still have the urge to drive hard sometimes.

Enough from me, thanks for reading if you got this far.

Cheers chris

Users Country Flag

Enjoy your Superb Chris! They are Superb!!!
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)