Thread: New User entering the VW frontier

Users Country Flag

New User entering the VW frontier

Hi everybody!

I am a new starter in the DIY VW world. My relationship with VW has been touch and go.

I have previously owned a 2012 Polo which had the DSG gearbox megatronic disaster which was a nightmare and a few month battle.

Currently I have a 2016 Alltrack which has been incredibly comfortable and functional. However, so far it has been a worse experience with just it's largest holiday at the dealership being 7 months of back and forth arguing not to mention their loss of the maintenance logbook beforehand.

Recently I have fixed two of my three current problems which began an interesting rabbit hole into all the things that are possible. Tasks 1 and 2 included a 15 minute change out of the cabin fan and speed resistor (was quoted $1045 supply and install by the dealership). And a quick but fiddly popout of the ignition start stop for that first time push start which was quoted at $389 supply and install.

Now after exhausting my searching abilities for my electronics issue, I have finally joined this fine forum to seek help.

I look forward to being apart of this online community.

Thanks!

Users Country Flag

G'day and welcome. Sorry to hear your near new car has spent such a long time at the dealership chasing issues....that's a crazy amount of time to not have your car.

I too have recently replaced the start/stop button on my 2015 Golf GTI as I was regularly having to press it multiple times to turn the car on or off. I rang the dealer for a quote just for a laugh and it was nearly $100 more than your price. I bought a new genuine VW button from o'seas for around $150 and replaced it myself in 10 mins.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler