Support VWWC

Thread: New Tiguan Allspace owner here

New Tiguan Allspace owner here

Hey guys,

Just replaced the BMW X1 (F4 with a new Tiguan Allspace 162 and am loving it. I've got a Mk7 GTI so have been lurking these forums for a while

Users Country Flag
    How does the Tiguan compare with the X1? Allspace obviously has more room, but I’m thinking fit and finish, comfort, tech, power.

Welcome! Now you've got the best of both worlds

My wife is currently driving an X1 xDrive 2.5i and it's a great little car (with emphasis on the little). Allspace (and gen2 Tig) is a larger car. You notice it most in the headroom and amount of space in the rear seats.

There's a few engine variants with the X1 so I can't comment on the other engines, however the 2.5i is pretty punchy - similar to the 162TSI in output and performance. However the main difference is it's matched to an 8 speed ZF box so you get less of the clunky DSG "quirks" at low speed.

In terms of fit/finish I think the BMW is ahead but there's some key things missing like height adjustable seatbelts and artificial leather is OK but clear cost-cutting. The head-up display is nice and my wife loves this feature (option).

However it's definitely a small SUV as a tall driver results in the rear legroom disappearing to almost zero and only suitable for small kids in the back. Tiguan has quite a bit more space.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build