Thread: New Member - Canberra

Users Country Flag

New Member - Canberra

Hi All,

I'm Bevan, this is my 2019 VW Golf R.
    Purchased it new in August, had to wait 6 weeks while it was on the ship heading to Aus. Got held up by customs too as they decided to do a full inspection of the ship and wouldnt release the vehicles until fully completed.

After getting the car, a few weeks later I then purchased the Oettinger Kit from VW which included the body kit bits and a new rear muffler and removing the resonator.

Once I had the Oettinger kit fitted, I then changed the OEM wheels and I fitted some OZ Ultraleggra wheels in gloss black.

My KW Suspension DDC coilovers arrived last week so looking forward to fitting them once I'm back from work commitments..

After that, the car going in for the full REVO treatment to finish off.. Other than that absolutely love the car, had zero issues so far and been loving every drive

The day I brought it home

Had the Oettinger kit fitted:

Fitted OZ Ultraleggra wheels:

Had the car out at Pheasants Wood Circuit in Marulan

Users Country Flag
    Welcome to the forum Bevan, I remember you from the VW Experience Track Day at Marulan. Glad you are enjoying the car, can't wait to hear what you think of the REVO kit!

Users Country Flag
    Welcome to the forum. I was also thinking of lowering mine but wanted to keep the DDC feature. Wanted to make sure that either KW and Bilsteins just worked with the DDC but having read the link below I decided against it and just kept it stock. I'm not trying to deter you from heading down that path just be aware. Yours is a 7.5 and mine a 7 but I don't think there much difference mechanically between the two.

KW DDC Coilovers for MK7 R - BEWARE BEFORE ORDERING - Modifying your Golf R MK7 - VWROC - VW R Owners Club
    Current:
    2023 Mk2 Tiguan R - Lapiz Blue
    2015 Mk7 Golf R Wolfsburg - Limestone Grey: Stage 2
    Gone but not forgotten: 2008 Polo GTI Shadow Blue

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Servo View Post
    Welcome to the forum. I was also thinking of lowering mine but wanted to keep the DDC feature. Wanted to make sure that either KW and Bilsteins just worked with the DDC but having read the link below I decided against it and just kept it stock. I'm not trying to deter you from heading down that path just be aware. Yours is a 7.5 and mine a 7 but I don't think there much difference mechanically between the two.

KW DDC Coilovers for MK7 R - BEWARE BEFORE ORDERING - Modifying your Golf R MK7 - VWROC - VW R Owners Club
    Thanks for the heads up mate after a quick read, it seems its still a thing... not good
    Dont think its worth the risk rading the amount of people who've had the issue.. think it might be a case of a straight return... on the plus side the Bilsteins are available locally and in stock so maybe thats the way forward...