Support VWWC

Thread: New to the forums

Users Country Flag

New to the forums

Hi Everyone,

Just joined and in the spirit of sharing experience here's mine....

Currently Owned
    MK6 GTI - Red, Cloth, DSG, 4 Door, 17", MDI
    Owned since Nov 09

Previous Owned
    MK5 GTI - White, Cloth, Manual, 4 Door 17"
    Toyota Celica
    Toyota Sprinter x 2
    Toyota Corolla GTI
    MK1 Golf x 2

On the Current Owned
    Nice car. Anyone thinking about getting the DSG over the manual? Do it! You wont regret it.
    The MDI iPod feature is much better then any other FM transmitter or alike youl try.
    Got the 4 door cause my golf clubs don't fit in the boot. I do think the 3 door looks better.
    Rookie81 proved to me that chipping the car is well worth it. So much fun.
    When I got it chipped I drove the test car (a manual) and was instantly impressed. Never has so much of an improvement come from so little fuss or money.
    I have had no major problems thus far. Few little rattles here and there. The drivers side sun visor rattles abit when down. If that's my only complaint I guess it's not to bad.
    Wish I got the 18's though.

On the New R
    Test drove 2 on the weekend. One at Parra and one at Mascot. I was fairly let down. Was it that something had come out that made me wish i'd waited? Maybe. Maybe not.
    Majority of the reason that I was interested in trading up was getting my GTI of the line without alot of wheel spin, now that it is chipped, is a bit of a chore. The R has traction in spades. Up and running though I would be lying if I said it was any quicker. Other than that I though it was the same car.

The bad thing is now ive been bitten (again) by the modification bug. And I though i'd grown up a little!

Am now looking for some bits for the GTI. Some 18's and lowered springs should do it.
    I like the BBS LM's.

Dean

Welcome mate.
    Glad to c u on here..finally.
    I still wish u didnt get it chipped so my polo could keep up. Oh well

Users Country Flag

Cloth seats in the GTIs.... nice to see excellent taste there good sir!!
    Daily Car: Random BMWs | My Toy: R33 Skyline GT-R | GF's Car: 1954 Beetle 'Oval' | Our (Her) Car: Alfa Romeo MiTo Sport