Support VWWC

Thread: MK7 DSG New Clutch

MK7 DSG New Clutch

Hi,

Have just had the clutch replaced in my MK7 103kw DSG after the clutch judder issue.

I know the gearbox takes 1000k or so to ‘adapt’, but the gear changes seem a lot more abrupt than they were before, especially when getting a move on. Will this settle down or could the issue have been more than the clutch?

Judder has gone between 1st and 2nd gear though so that’s something.

Users Country Flag
    If clutches were replaced then basic settings should have been performed which runs an adaptation routine to adjust the transmission to the new parts.
    If this wasn't done then it needs to be.
    Last edited by kamold; 03-04-2022 at 09:43 AM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Hi Kamold,

Adaption was done yes, its says so on the paperwork.

Gear changes see really harsh and abrupt, no smooth at all. Any idea if this will iron itself out?

Does anyone else have experience of the new clutches starting to judder again between 1st and 2nd gears even after being replaced?

Since the new clutches (and gear selector rods) about 3k ago, the car has just started to judder agin on the change between 1st and 2nd.

I’ll take it back to VW but just checking if anyone else has had a similar issue and if after new clutches what else could it be if it has started again I.e. something other than the clutches?

When the gear selectors rods failed and the car was towed to the dealer, I asked about the mechatronic unit but they said it was all good. Just wondering if something like this could have cooked another clutch already after only a few thousand K.

TIA