Support VWWC

Thread: Kombi T3 Newbie

Kombi T3 Newbie

Hi Everyone,

I got on here as I have been a long time luster of the VW T3 and very soon to be an owner of one.

I'm not sure where to post but I’ll post here first. I am in a bit of a pickle, as I am about to purchase a 1984 VW Transporter Bronco Trakka but am not too keen on the original fit out as it’s a bit claustrophobic + the pop top seems like an extra task. I would much prefer just a simple bed in the back, to stretch my legs outside and to cook on an open campfire.

My question is, would it just be easier to buy a normal T3 with no Trakka fitout in that case? Is the only thing different about a Trakka the aesthetics and not the actual performance/mechanics of the vehicle? (As it’s not a Syncro)

Thank you in advance

And is the 5k extra price tag (above current CaravelleTransporter T3 market) that I would be paying specifically for the Trakka fitout? As I see no point in paying extra for a feature I have every intention of stripping back and feel somebody else might appreciate it with the original fit out.