Support VWWC

Thread: Introduction: '97 Mk3 Golf

Users Country Flag

Introduction: '97 Mk3 Golf

Hi everyone,

I've been poking around VWwatercooled for about a month now and have decided to join what seems to be a great community of VW enthusiasts. Currently I am studying architecture at QUT and I have just completed first year. I own a dark green Mk3 Golf built in 1997. Its a great little car and I'm very happy to have it has my first car. It has been in the family for just over 4 years and has been passed from my brother to my sister (who now owns a VW Up!) to me!

Like any ageing car it has a few issues such as paint damage, falling in roof lining, no aircon and a few issues with the engine and fuel line which I wish I had the expertise to fix myself. Hopefully I can pick a few tips up from you all and iron some of the problems out.

A brief history of car enthusiasm

Ever since I was a child I've loved anything with an engine. I've had some cracking experiences with cars, such as a ride in a Ferrari Testarossa (Age 6), Porsche 911 (Age 15), and a track day in a Lotus Exige S (this year). Not to mention borrowing my brothers Toyota 86 while he was skiing . Since the family has had the Golf I've naturally developed a love for the engineering innovation and design of VW. My next car, which I won't be getting for years, will definitely be a VW.

Thank you for welcoming me to the community.

Users Country Flag
    Hi and Welcome to the forum. Very helpful people with a wealth of knowledge here. There are write ups on this forum and vwvortex regarding doing the headlining yourself. Getting the aircon parts from overseas will also save you a lot of money.

Users Country Flag

Users Country Flag
    Welcome to the forums.
    Hope we can get you out to some of our events.

Users Country Flag
    Hey Alfred, have you modified it at all?? I saw a dark green mk3 the other day through Zillmere, low with some mexican wheels going on??

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks all. No, it is almost completely stock other than the rims KI11Z (not sure what they are as they were on the car when we bought it).

I'm not sure how to insert others comments into my own reply, otherwise I would have done that hahaha. This is going to take some getting used too!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
    I'm not sure how to insert others comments into my own reply, otherwise I would have done that hahaha. This is going to take some getting used too!
    Worked it out