Thread: Hi! - Golf R

Users Country Flag

Hi! - Golf R

G'day chaps, recently took delivery of a Black 2020 Golf R. I'm coming from a lightly modified 2005 WRX, which to be honest I still miss; particularly the boxer rumble and manual fun. The (stock) R is a completely different vehicle in my view. Comfort in the seat and on the road are on another level and the tech is certainly a notch above what I am used to. I have no idea how I will last the warranty period without modifying as the benefits of an exhaust and tune are very appealing!

However will enjoy stock for now and work through the break in period. Otherwise, I've sorted a Gtechniq Serum Ultra coating (with paint correction) as well as some ceramic tint. Black mirror caps on the way and thinking of a spoiler next.

Users Country Flag
    Sweet R mate - welcome and enjoy. Perhaps during the warranty period you want to use a Burger Motorsports JB1 or JB4 (advanced piggyback) so you can enjoy about 70% of the benefit of a tune, without leaving any traces should you have any engine related warranty issues.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestion mate! Looks like a really interesting solution for what I'm after during the warranty period!