Thread: HI All

Users Country Flag

HI All

Hi all i am new here this is my first post, i have a MY18 Arteon & i love it, had it for near a year & half. It optioned up & has front & rear dash cams & i have tinted the front windows, just purchased an OBDeleven can't wait to do some tweaking. Anyway already read through a few threads in the Arteon area & it's great.

cheers Allan

Users Country Flag
    Welcome! Which model did you get? Did you consider anything else when purchasing. I’ve got a Golf R now but the next car might be something bigger and the Arteon looks very tempting.

Ben
    Now: ‘19 VW Golf R, ‘15 Polo GTI
    Before: ‘06 RenaultSport Megane 225 Cup, ‘14 VW Polo GTI, ‘12 VW Golf GTI, ‘06 VW Golf GTI, ‘05 VW Golf Sportline, ‘01 Holden Astra SRi, ‘00 Nissan Pulsar SSS, ‘99 Holden Astra CD, ‘98 Nissan Pulsar SLX, ‘91 Nissan Pulsar GL with Q engine swap, ‘80 Subaru Leone
    Ben

2015 Polo GTI & 2019 Golf R

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hi Ben, yes i was looking for cars around the 60k to 70k range but i had a specific requirement, i wanted all wheel drive, turbo, family car was a must, i wanted all the tech i could get & with the Arteon i found everything i was after & it's a beautiful looking car. I wasn't really into VW before but now i love everything about it. The quality in my Arteon is second to none & in around 18 months of ownership i haven't been able to fault it.
    I just ordered a OBDeleven to start tweaking & i am thinking of doing the APR stage 1 tune & maybe the gearbox tune but we will see what happens.

Users Country Flag
    From what I’ve read APR might be the more expensive option but there are other tuners who will do a great tune for your specific vehicle. I’m not sure about NSW so ask around on the forum.

Ben
    Now: ‘19 VW Golf R, ‘15 Polo GTI
    Before: ‘06 RenaultSport Megane 225 Cup, ‘14 VW Polo GTI, ‘12 VW Golf GTI, ‘06 VW Golf GTI, ‘05 VW Golf Sportline, ‘01 Holden Astra SRi, ‘00 Nissan Pulsar SSS, ‘99 Holden Astra CD, ‘98 Nissan Pulsar SLX, ‘91 Nissan Pulsar GL with Q engine swap, ‘80 Subaru Leone
    Ben

2015 Polo GTI & 2019 Golf R

Users Country Flag

I’ve done the APR stage 1 high torque tune in my Mk7.5 golf r and the APR tcu tune. Well worth the money and fun. The ECU tune gives you the power you deserve and the tcu tune sharpens everything up. I found myself driving in manual mode most of the time because the gear shift points were giving me the $&@“. With the TCU tune in drive mode it now sits in the gears it should without racing to 7th. The increased clamping pressure of the clutch is a nice addition. The manual shifts are a little quicker and the exhaust note on the gear shifts is very noice. Highly recommend both. I’ve done a heap of other upgrades which also add to the fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk