Thread: Hey

Noobie buys 2015 Tdi Passat dies after 1 week

Hello

Noobie with a whole box of issues. Recent buyer of a 2015 Passat TDI 140 that is dead 1 week later
    Last edited by Oldphart; 17-07-2021 at 03:11 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldphart View Post
    Hello

Noobie with a whole box of issues. Recent buyer of a 2015 Passat TDI 140 that is dead 1 week later
    Wow, would be keen to know more specific info.
    Can you let us know what is going on?
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

I bought a Passat TDi 140 2015 and it was a repairable write off.

Initial issues on inspection were electrical faults. Which I hoped to fix for approx $3K AUD. Id bought the car for $15K AUD.

It went well for 1 week then at some point I'd let the fuel run low....around this time the car seized up and went to limp mode then stopped any turning over attempts.

After sending it to Volkwagen it's still sitting there 3 wks later.

The car has been filled with normal petrol at some point, when the fuel ran low it picked up metal shavings formed by the petrol over time and dumped it all into the fuel filter/lines/system

So now I'm stuck with a car that has no out for parts at this time. Not one wreckers in Australia has a fuel tank for the car.

Volkswagen Head Mechanic reckons I need to replace the entire fuel system from tank/line/filters/etc

I'm doing my head in, the car was suppossed to be for UBER income of which I no longer can do. I've asked the mechanic to qoute me on just "flushing" the entire system which he attempted to sway me away from. But it's a serious repair if done with all new parts and can stretch to the price of what I paid for the car if not more