Thread: Hello, please allow me to introduce myself

Hello, please allow me to introduce myself

Hi all,

My username (shared across multiple forums, though I suppose most of them are dead now) alludes to my nature as a know-it-all who's really more of a know-not-much. If I offer an opinion with great authority let this paragraph serve as a warning.

Without needing to edit, check out my second post, I bet it'll serve as a good demonstration!

I recently bought a mate's mk5 GTI (via an auction house in a hilarious and financially disadvantageous shaggy dog story which both of us will no doubt rue for years to come) and am in the process of fixing it up for dailying. Hopefully not the sad midlife crisis project it's starting to feel like...
    Hello, please allow me to introduce myself-img_20220420_151358_hdr-jpg

Although I've owned a Porsche 924 and Audi S4 (B5) in the past (~15 years ago, almost everyone else I knew was golf-mad at the time but they held no appeal), this is my first VW.

I'm more familiar with German cars made by "that other -W" from Bavaria, so you can expect me to lecture brazenly on that topic occasionally too. And motorsport. And pushbikes. And astronomy. And ... oh well I guess you'll see...

-Mark
    Last edited by ProfessorExperimental; 10-05-2022 at 12:35 AM.