Support VWWC

Thread: First 2019 Golf R Newbie Here.

Users Country Flag

First 2019 Golf R Newbie Here.

HI..
    Just purchased 2019 Golf R after my MERC has been desecrated and written off by recent hail storm in ACT.
    Love the car and getting use to the new technologies which didn't existed 12 years ago... eg. ACC, stop/start, keyless etc.
    Funny...took me a day to find and show odometer...

Anyway...I'm really interested to mod this car down the line... CAI Kit, intercool, catback and ecu tuning etc.
    But for now I just gathering where I can get things, small things at a time.
    eg .... replacement side mirror cover for that horrible silver color..... updated gps maps...so on...

Users Country Flag
    Welcome mate,

Also in Canberra, and have a Golf R. If you need any advice or where to get your car serviced and any car groups hit me up. I also have a VWR turbo pipe for sale (which was only one the car for about 500km before I needed a bigger one). I also have an OBDEleven, and can help you customise the car a bit better to you if that's what you want.

Users Country Flag
    Welcome mate. Love my Golf R too.

Quote Originally Posted by PingMonster View Post
    eg .... replacement side mirror cover for that horrible silver color..... updated gps maps...so on...
    EBAY is your friend for this 1 .... Carbon Fiber Pair Rear Mirror Cover House Cap for VW Golf MK7 GTI TSI 2014-2017 604697131292 | eBay
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks Fellows...
    I don't want to name names but I heard NE at Mitchell is the place to go for mods if you have VW...in ACT that is...
    Is this true....or is there more places to shop around (ACT)?
    I know for fact....HE at Castle Hill (NSW) is pretty good but, too bloody far...

Users Country Flag
    That's where I go. Their prices are cheaper and their service is great, subsequently you have to book well in advance for regular services etc. Having said that, if you have a problem, they will always help. I wouldn't go anywhere else, Canberra isn't that big. They are also a rep for APR and have started doing some UGP tuning as well.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by PingMonster View Post
    HI..
    Just purchased 2019 Golf R after my MERC has been desecrated and written off by recent hail storm in ACT.
    Love the car and getting use to the new technologies which didn't existed 12 years ago... eg. ACC, stop/start, keyless etc.
    Funny...took me a day to find and show odometer...

Anyway...I'm really interested to mod this car down the line... CAI Kit, intercool, catback and ecu tuning etc.
    But for now I just gathering where I can get things, small things at a time.
    Welcome fellow Golf R owner. I got a red one, and the silver mirrors looked ridiculous so I got the dealer to throw in black mirror caps. Now I have a pair of silver mirror caps that I should put up for sale. AliExpress is where I’d go to buy them if I didn’t get them with the car.

Ben
    Now: ‘19 VW Golf R, ‘15 Polo GTI
    Before: ‘06 RenaultSport Megane 225 Cup, ‘14 VW Polo GTI, ‘12 VW Golf GTI, ‘06 VW Golf GTI, ‘05 VW Golf Sportline, ‘01 Holden Astra SRi, ‘00 Nissan Pulsar SSS, ‘99 Holden Astra CD, ‘98 Nissan Pulsar SLX, ‘91 Nissan Pulsar GL with Q engine swap, ‘80 Subaru Leone
    Ben

2015 Polo GTI & 2019 Golf R