Thread: Another Darwin Amarok owner

Users Country Flag

Another Darwin Amarok owner

Hows it going, Ive got a 2011 4WD Amarok, has it since new, around 100,000km, recently noticed a noise. Identified that its the four door locking mechanisms engaging. As this usually occurs when you get in the car and pull away, at 10km. Though now when I am pulling up at intersections or roundabouts then pulling away the mechanisms are constantly activating. There must be something central to the locking units, giving or activating the signal. Anyone able to shed any light on it for me?

Users Country Flag
    One of your door locks is not working - that is not locking the door.
    lock the car from outside and check which door is not locking and get a replacement fro wreckers.

I have a 2013 and have replaced two door lock mechanisms.

Cheers
    Phill Mc

Users Country Flag

Agree with Phill

I have replaced left rear door lock already (when the Amarok was 4 yrs old). Exactly the same symptoms
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...