Thread: Amarok Left Rear Tail Light - Fail can’t fix?

Amarok Left Rear Tail Light - Fail can’t fix?

Hi I have a 2015 VW Amarok, I tried to be clever and do LED bulb upgrades on rear tail lights. Reverse, indicator, tail and stop lights.

What a failure, obviously the wattage drawn on previous lamps doesn’t match the on board systems expectations so the orange light glows on the dash all the time. The indicator flash can runs twice as fast etc.

So I thought I’ll undo everything I did put all the stock bulbs back in. Fixed most things except the left fair tail light just don’t work, tried several bulbs no go. Checked fuses, identified as numbers 16 and 18 in the fuse panel inside con lower drivers side of dashboard.

Also the orange indicator light for a failed light is still on in the dashboard.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there a fix ?

Users Country Flag

No idea how to fix your current issue, but you need to buy good quality (eg avoid ebay junk) Canbus compatible LED bulbs. Have a look at iilumo/Supanova/Stedi etc.

About a year ago i put some LED’s from iilumo into my Audi SQ5 reverse lights to improve light output and they work great and no errors on dash.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler