Support VWWC

Thread: Amarok

Amarok

New 550 Amarok Sportline on order. Getting information in advance from other owners. Planning on towing an off-road caravan around OZ next year with it. No car is 100% perfect so any advice re DPF, towing, etc appreciated. Cheers Mike

Users Country Flag
    The DPF on the V6 Amaroks seem to want to do a regeneration every 300-350km or thereabouts. (depends on how you drive and your ratio of short city drives vs constant speed highway driving). If you are towing a heavy load and working the engine harder, you will buildup soot more rapidly and find you will be doing DPF regens more regularly.

For a very small outlay, I would highly recommend you buy yourself a Carista OBD device (link below) and pay for the subscription to the Carista app, so you can check how full the DPF is and trigger a DPF regen at your convenience. You can also read error codes, clear them and do coding changes to the car. A very very handy little device which will pay for itself over and over again.

If you have an Android phone, another good app for DPF monitoring is the VAGDPF app. There is a free version (just to check your car is supported) then a $5 full version. This gives you more info than Carista does, but you cannot trigger a DPF regen at your convenience like you can with the Carista app. Link to what the VAGDPF app looks like on my Audi SQ5 below. You can use the Carista OBD dongle to communicate with the VAGDPF app.

Carista OBD2 Diagnostic Scanner and Customiser for Android and iOS – AutoInstruct

VAG DPF app on Android to monitor DPF
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Thanks Lucas, I have bookmarked your reply & will definitely get this when the vehicle arrives!