Support VWWC

Thread: 86 golf cabrio wheels

Users Country Flag

Question 86 golf cabrio wheels

Hi First post on here I just recently purchased a 1986 Golf cabriolet I think it's a Hong Kong import originally any way it came with big aftermarket 17" wheels & tyres and makes the steering very heavy, Just wondering what would be a good recommendation in reduced wheel size say 15" or 14" and what tyre size? Or what would be the original style wheels that came with the car? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Users Country Flag
    Welcome to the forum.

15 x 6 or 7 is a good choice with 195x50x15 size tyres. Lots of options out there that aren't too expensive.

Cheers

Paul

Users Country Flag
    Caddy Driver

I have a set of 4 x 100 BBS style wheels. They are often called basket weave pattern and were an option on the BMW E30 range and are genuine factory BMW. Might pay to check they will fit - but they fit my Mk3 Golf Cabriolet.

I am going to sell them. They are in very really good order and I can send you photos if you wish but best to google the style first and see if you like them.

They are 14 inch and have 195 tyres so they should fill out the guards nicely or should I say, they wont look out of place on your Mk1.

Just an idea.

David

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hi Paul
    Thank you for the info much appreciated what I have now doesn't suit the car thanks for the suggestion.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Hi David I know the wheels your talking about they actually would suit the car especially for the age of the car and thanks for the information & advice.