Hi all

Picking up a Nov 2020 MK7.5 Golf R Estate/Wagon in deep black on Monday. To say I'm very excited would be an understatement!! Being a dad, I'm looking forward to having the best of both worlds with an R Estate/Wagon in terms of performance and practicality.

I was originally waiting for the MK8 R Estate/Wagon or the Tiguan R to arrive Down Under, but in my opinion, the MK7.5 is a better looking car overall, even if the MK8 will surely trump it in terms of performance. I'm not a big fan of all the capacitive touch buttons most car manufacturers are veering towards, and some of VW's cost-cutting decisions with the MK8 seem questionable. The Tiguan R also doesn't seem to be coming to AU either.

I don't have too much planned for the car just yet (still under VW's 5yr warranty, plus I managed to get them to tack on 2 more yrs, so the car has just under 7yrs warranty in total lol), but I'm itching to get the resonator deleted to open up the exhaust note a bit. Any recommendations as to where to get that done around the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne?