Hello

My story so far

My first experience with the VAG was a 2015 1.4 DSG Ocatavia and I absolutely loved it - favourite car ever. Great handling, heaps of torque and a huge boot. Then we had all that rain, some of which made it through the ventilation and under the passenger side floor mat. Next the airbag light came on and a week later the insurer declared it a statutory write-off.

We're nearing retirement and planning a bit of travel with a ~400kg teardrop camper (under construction) in tow so I scoured the country for a Scout. Bought one in Cairns and drove it home. Around Townsville an alarming number of error messages began popping up, all of which, I'm hoping, stem from an iffy ABS sensor.

My impressions so far are that the Scout uses much more fuel than it should and is a bit sluggish, especially when overtaking, hence searching the web for remedies, which led me here.

My special abilities are being unable to find existing threads no matter how hard I look and then posting dumb questions in the wrong forum. My apologies in advance. Please be nice.

Murray