Thread: Water pump

Users Country Flag

Water pump

Looking to replace and upgrade my water pump soon. 155kw tsi. Who has a good recommendation? Maybe get away from the plastic body and go aluminium.

Users Country Flag
    Blog Entries
    I fitted an aluminium one that I purchased on alibaba last year, quality was excellent. Working perfectly. cost was about $150.00 delivered. It was a long and tedious job. Take the opportunity to clean the back of the valves while the manifold is off, that fixed my occasional engine light. My original plastic housing was not cracked as seen on many posts. The bearing and seal failed about 110,00p kms. Have the housing if anyone wants it.

It really depends on how long you intend to keep the car. The aluminium one "should" last the life of the car as it eliminates the main failure points. However it's a mechanical devices so won't last forever.

If you're going to trade in/upgrade in the short-medium term then it won't be your problem and you can probably get away with installing the plastic one.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I’m looking at the ESC tuning aluminium one. Good price. I plan on keeping the car long term. I’ll also replace the hpfp, cam follower, decarb and resealable the injectors. I am wondering if it’s worth replacing the injectors while I have everything opened up as well.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyyyko View Post
    I’m looking at the ESC tuning aluminium one. Good price. I plan on keeping the car long term. I’ll also replace the hpfp, cam follower, decarb and resealable the injectors. I am wondering if it’s worth replacing the injectors while I have everything opened up as well.
    Just soak the injectors in some intake cleaner or injector cleaner while you do the work on the engine. The main issue with the injectors is carbon buildup on the tips, so the cleaner will dissolve this.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

I’ve just ordered an aluminium water pump kit, hpfp kit, 4 injector seal kits, magnetic oil plug with Comp washers, cabin filter, intake manifold for just under 500 aud from ESC tuning. Would cost double that ordering from an Australian supplier. Stoked.