Support VWWC

Thread: VW Water Coolant Reservoir Replacement

Users Country Flag

VW Water Coolant Reservoir Replacement

Hi Guys,

Can you help me out - I have a 2009 Tiguan Auto - with a suspected leak in the water tank as I top it up with water & after a day or 2 I get the light flashing again!

Is this a leak somewhere? If so whats the ball park of getting it fixed or doing it myself if possible?

Really need some advice

Users Country Flag
    This should be the part to suit if that's where the issue lies: Coolant Expansion Tank V10-0433 Vaico for VW Skoda Audi | Run Auto Parts

Are you sure your water pump isn't leaking, as it's a pretty common issue on the 2.0TSI engine (and most VW/Audi engines too be honest). There will be dried pink residue where the leak is coming from.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    This should be the part to suit if that's where the issue lies: Coolant Expansion Tank V10-0433 Vaico for VW Skoda Audi | Run Auto Parts

Are you sure your water pump isn't leaking, as it's a pretty common issue on the 2.0TSI engine (and most VW/Audi engines too be honest). There will be dried pink residue where the leak is coming from.

Yeah I think it might just be a leak - but I have a mechanic that's telling me it'll cost hundred's to fix, which sounds off to me !! Especially if the part is only around 50 with labor I understand but he's talking near a K to fix up.

I'll have a look around the pump & hopefully get somewhere haha! Thank you so much

Quote Originally Posted by CMC View Post
    Yeah I think it might just be a leak - but I have a mechanic that's telling me it'll cost hundred's to fix, which sounds off to me !! Especially if the part is only around 50 with labor I understand but he's talking near a K to fix up.

I'll have a look around the pump & hopefully get somewhere haha! Thank you so much
    Hi, did you ever find the source of your problem?

Users Country Flag

I had to change the coolant expansion tank on my MK6 GTI the other day, same part as the one shown earlier in the thread for the Tig. I figured it's a relatively simple part so just bought it off ebay for about $23 delivered, it's some German brand and looks very good quality, comes with 1 year warranty.

TOPAZ Coolant Expansion Tank w/Cap for Audi A3 Q3 VW Golf Tiguan 1K0121407A 6941024970570 | eBay

It was a very easy install, will probably post a video on YouTube at some point.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bbadr; 10-05-2021 at 10:39 PM.