Thread: Tiguan upgraded clutch

Tiguan upgraded clutch

Ive got a 125tsi manual which has just done over 100,000kms with the apr stage 1 since new. I've noticed the clutch ever so slightly slipping under hard acceleration in 3rd gear so started to do some investigation into possibilities for upgrading the clutch to support a k04 upgrade to follow soon.

I've been advised by one transmission place to replace the flywheel and master cylinder to avoid issues later on.

Has anyone here upgraded a manual clutch to support k04 power level? Any recommendations?

Users Country Flag
    At a 100K kms with stg1 since new, it probably is time the clutch started to go tbh ......

About 3 years ago, I searched high and low for a Stg2 clutch for my manual 09 TSI Tig with no success ..... possibly since time has moved since then there may be options available now.

Possibly you may have to fit another stock clutch

And just note the GTI stg 2 clutches do not fit ....... we tried ......
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Haven't found much and most ppl here are using DSG boxes.

There is one guy in the states who has one modified for stage 2. "The Tiguans use the 0A6 manual transmission (TT-RS) while the GTI/CC/GLI uses the 02Q manual." Can anyone confirm 0A6 manual transmissions in the 125tsi?

Anyway he ended up with a hybrid setup (GTI single mass/lightweight flywheel, GTI stage 2 daily pressure plate, and a stock TT-RS clutch disc.

Also found this but it lacks specs.
    Volkswagen Tiguan (2009 - 2014) - Clutch & Flywheel - Page 1

Revival of an old thread. Anyone know or can confirm manual 125 TSI tiguan uses the 0A6 transmission? Can't find this information anywhere, so was wondering if someone had come across this before could confirm?