Thread: Tiguan Tailgate Opening

Users Country Flag

Tiguan Tailgate Opening

I just got my 2012 Tiguan Pacific back from hail damage repairs and now the tailgate will only unlock if I stand there at the tailgate and press the tailgate button on the key and press tailgate handle at same time.

I'm sure that before if the car was unlocked with central locking the tailgate would just open, ie the tailgate is part of the central locking, could some one confirm

Thanks
    Last edited by TiguanScout; 17-06-2022 at 05:34 PM.

Users Country Flag
    I need to check on mine if the button works. I had issues with the boot not opening because the locking mechanism failed.
    Skoda Octavia Vrs 2008 TFSI Race Blue

| CC Phase 2 tune | BSH PCV revamp | DRL's | HID | LED's | 35% Tints | Towbar |es1099 HU | Rev. Camera | R8 Coils | Brisk LSG Plugs | Adams slotted Fr Rotors | Torque arm insert | 3" Down Pipe | High flow cat |GFB DV+ | VM Shifter Bushes |

Quote Originally Posted by TiguanScout View Post
    I'm sure that before if the car was unlocked with central locking the tailgate would just open, ie the tailgate is part of the central locking, could some one confirm
    I have a 2014 Tiguan. If the car is unlocked, I just have to press the button on the tailgate to open. There’s no need to also press the tailgate open button on the key fob. If the car is locked, I can press the open tailgate button on key fob to open just the tailgate without unlocking the other doors.

Our Tiguan is late '08 production & opens when the car is unlocked by pressing the switch under the lid.
    It will lock automatically with central locking on key button.
    Understand how it works, troubleshoot logically BEFORE replacing parts.
    2001 T4 TRAKKA Syncro 2.5TDI,2006 Mk5 2.0TDI Golf manual,2001 Polo 1.4 16V manual [now sold], '09 2.0CR TDI Tiguan manual,
    Numerous Mk1 Golf diesels

Users Country Flag
    My tight is model S 2016 but She doesn’t have this option on I think because I press the button on the fob a nothing happen. It would be nice that option works

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jesgil View Post
    My tight is model S 2016 but She doesn’t have this option on I think because I press the button on the fob a nothing happen. It would be nice that option works
    This an Australian forum and our model vehicles can be quite different to NAR models
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan